2 eggs in 1 day

Cille

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2021
My Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Wynette is an egg laying machine. She has layed every day for the past 10 days. Today I found 2 of her eggs. One in her usual spot in the coop and 1 in the back yard by the fence. I know it was not there yesterday, because I picked up all the eggs I found there. This would mean that she layed 2 eggs in a 24 hour period! Is that possible? I know for sure it is her because of the dark brown pinkish hue color shell of her eggs. The others lay blueish-green, cream or light brown shelled eggs.

Has anyone ever had a chicken that has layed more than 1 egg in a day?

Thanks,
Cille

Attachments

• 20210114_142352.jpg
    20210114_142352.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210114_143410.jpg
    20210114_143410.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 8
My Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Wynette is an egg laying machine. She has layed every day for the past 10 days. Today I found 2 of her eggs. One in her usual spot in the coop and 1 in the back yard by the fence. I know it was not there yesterday, because I picked up all the eggs I found there. This would mean that she layed 2 eggs in a 24 hour period! Is that possible? I know for sure it is her because of the dark brown pinkish hue color shell of her eggs. The others lay blueish-green, cream or light brown shelled eggs.

Thanks,
Cille

beautiful!!! It can happen:)

Thanks,
Cille
OMG I think the same thing happened to me because I had 1 pullet laying and I found two eggs yesterday but everyone thinks that my other pullet is laying because they start laying for the first time a few days ago

Back
Top Bottom