2 F Runners, in IL desperately need new home!

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
As I've posted about before, my two foster ducks are in need to a new home, asap.

My situation keeps changing and I need to find them a new home as soon as I can. They are no longer welcome mt my current residence (I was told that if I couldn't find them a new home that I should have them euthanized). I am moving as soon as possible, but will not be able to take my fosters with me. I will only be able to take my two (I also have to find my cockatiel a new home too).

I am willing to travel up to 6-8 hours away or to meet someone for them to go to a new home, though closer to me is better. I posted about them beofre here-

though Now they don't require as much as I listed on this first post.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/617334/information-about-my-foster-ducks-looking-for-a-new-home

Now they can withstand any heat, and only will have trouble in the coldest of cold.
They still need somewhere predator proof as they have not any experience in this.
They are a LOT less dependant on people, but still like human attention (esp, Vinny).
They would love a home with other ducks, including maybe a boy duck...
I'd still like to keep in contact with whoever takes them and am willing to make them diaper harnesses so they can go inside, though they do not require inside time any longer.

Think you or someone you know might be able to give these guys a new home?

All the homes I have found so far have been too far away and would be to costly for me to move them. Any help spreading the word about them would help greatly! The link provides pics and a little bit about their personalities, though like I said, their requires have changed since I've been working with getting them accustomed to living outside.

I fear for them and want to find them a good home where they can be happy. Right now I feel like the only one who cares about their well being. :(

Last edited:
thank you.

I really need to find these guys a home, so any help spreading the word would be greatly appreciated. They are no longer welcom where I am living (I pretty much am not either, sigh...)

I think feather finder is located in Florida, which is about a 20 hour drive for me and not doable. sigh.... I am teaching from about 7am-7pm M-F, so anything llonger than a weekend is not possible for me.

As a last resort....I wonder if a private park/farm would take them? There is a place near me, Blackberry Historical Farms. http://foxvalleyparkdistrict.org/?q=node/2 (you can click on the video on the page to see the farms) I'm not talking of a place that would keep them caged. All of their ducks live free-range. This historical park/farm is 54 acres of mostly grassy/pond/trees. They have resident ducks that look really content and happy. It's really a beautiful place for aquatic-type birds.

Just throwing it out there. I wish you luck!

Back
Top Bottom