2 Sweet Pekin Drakes (Sacramento, CA, USA)

K2goatsandducks

Songster
Aug 30, 2020
Sacramento, CA, USA
Click HERE for Picture (I can't figure out how to just insert an image.)

We hand-raised these two big boys from a straight run purchase.
Timmy and Dimitri are pretty friendly (especially if you have peas) and easy to catch.
They mate successfully with our hens, and all the eggs we've cracked have been fertilized; the boys are good at what they do.
They were raised together and are very bonded, so they must go together. They never fight with each other, and are content to just hang out as long as they are together. For a pair of massive drakes (we're pretty sure they're jumbos), these boys are gentle and quick with the hens.

We are downsizing our flock due to going back to work, and we don't want to have to worry about broody hens stashing ducklings around the property, plus the boys have just grown too big for many of our little hens in our mixed flock.. If you're looking for a pair of pet ducks, or some drakes to add to your flock to give you fertilized eggs, Timmy and Dimitri are your guys.

I posted them on Craigslist, but I'm pretty sure everyone just wants to eat them. I know that is a possibility, but I really want to ensure they are treated humanely no matter what happens. :fl I just don't want them to suffer; they're good boys, and I would keep them if they were about 6 pounds smaller. :confused:

Thank you!

Hope your boys find a good home. I am in a similar predicament. I have 4 sweet Khaki Campbell drakes that I need to find homes for. Everyone so far wants to invite them for dinner.
Thank you for the positive hopes! We are going to check out a potential home tomorrow. I’m crossing my fingers that it’s as good a fit as it sounds like!

I hope your boys find kind, good homes too!

Back
Top Bottom