2009 Kankakee IL Bird Swap dates

Tomorrow is Kankakee swap. 5am-11am. Gotta get there early. Stuff sells fast.

The next Kankakee swap will be Sunday, May 3rd.

Christie
smile.png

Oh why did I go..
he.gif

I took a truckload of chickens and came back with 2 lambs, a week old goat and an alpaca.. and broke of course
celebrate.gif

We all had a great time.. and I do love what I came home with
ya.gif

LETS HEAR SOME OTHER STORIES.

We had a great time too! I got there at 4:30 with my son, and we went around and looked until it started to rain...and I'd left my umbrella in the van because it wasn't raining when we got there. We were looking for bantam chicks, but didn't find any at that time, maybe no one had them out yet. We went back to the motel, warmed up and had breakfast and came back with the entire family. We found some chicks and went home happy!

I saw a lot of little critters I would have loved to take home with me, but my husband said chicks ONLY, LOL.

Christie, I didn't get to introduce myself, because every time I came by, you were busy. Your cochin roosters were beautiful...if I just didn't live in town!

Jolly Rancher, did you sleep in your truck? Or did you just drive over this morning?

I think next time I'll just get up early and drive up. We made the drive in a little over two hours, so it wasn't that bad. Can't wait for the next one!

23 white leghorn chicks,7 barred rock chicks,3 ameruacan chicks,3 blue laced wyandotte chicks and 2 royal palm jakes.....in adddition to the Rumsey boer goat sale saturday and the horse fair the whole weekend....I'm off to work for a while...to try to pay for it all...had fun regardless of the poor weather.

We didn't sleep in the truck, we left the house at 3:15, had to stop at the ATM, then drove up.. got there at 4:31, we were late.. lol, sold ALL my silkies before I unloaded them.
I gave away one of my roosters to a wonderful lady who just lost a silkie pet.. I saw her and hubby a little later.. they had kermie in a red wagon pulling him along talking to him.. I love that.. I know these are farm animals and to some food... but every now and then.. its cool to see on end up as a special pet.

I can never figure out who christie is so I just stand around looking stupid.. but if you were on the end right next to the indoor place, with the covered area.. thats my guess who you are.. if so you were with your hubby and you both are a very nice couple.. and were very kind to me and my daughter. I was in a purple hat.

It was a cold, windy, and sometimes wet day, but we had a good time. Came home with 4 Bantam Salmon Faverolles, one Silkie, and 7 Welsummer chicks from Mothergoose. What a pleasure meeting Christie and her hubby! VERY nice people! Thank you, Christie for some nice, healthy chicks!

Gloria,
Glad the chicks are doing well. It was wonderful meeting you too.
We had a great time at the swap even with the crummy weather. WE sold everything we brought and almost left without buying anything, but ...we ended up buying a lamb and a pair of Emu's!

As for any and all who would like to stop by and say HI at the next swap, we always are parked in the first row to the east when you pull in the gate and usually approx. in the middle of the row. We always have a red chevy dually pickup with a gray stock trailer. Most people in that row know who we are and can direct you to us.

See you in May!
Christie
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom