Ended 2013 Easter Hatch-a-long "Create a Chicken Tiara" Contest

Is mine eligible?! :)
Yes - although it was a late submission, I had been hoping for more entries than have been submitted.
Can't wait to find out who won! :pop
Patience. :). I have helpers who are reviewing the entries to confirm MY choices of winners. (And one entry still needs its designer to duplicate it on the Hatch-a-long thread.) All the entries are wonderfully clever! Not going to be easy, even with so few submissions. Each has its charm. If more entries trickle in, I wouldn't mind. I may decide earlier than April 10th, but will certainly announce a winner for each category (Hen Tiara and Rooster Crown) no later than April 10th.

Yes - although it was a late submission, I had been hoping for more entries than have been submitted.

Patience.
smile.png
. I have helpers who are reviewing the entries to confirm MY choices of winners. (And one entry still needs its designer to duplicate it on the Hatch-a-long thread.) All the entries are wonderfully clever! Not going to be easy, even with so few submissions. Each has its charm.

If more entries trickle in, I wouldn't mind. I may decide earlier than April 10th, but will certainly announce a winner for each category (Hen Tiara and Rooster Crown) no later than April 10th.
AWESOME!!! I am SOOOO excited :) all of these submissions were awesome! Can't wait to find out who won!!!!!
D.gif

Is mine eligible?! :)
Can't wait to find out who won! :pop
Patience. :). I have helpers who are reviewing the entries to confirm MY choices of winners. (And one entry still needs its designer to duplicate it on the Hatch-a-long thread.) All the entries are wonderfully clever! Not going to be easy, even with so few submissions. Each has its charm. If more entries trickle in, I wouldn't mind. I may decide earlier than April 10th, but will certainly announce a winner for each category (Hen Tiara and Rooster Crown) no later than April 10th.
:D

[COLOR=FF0000] Chick's DivaTiara [/COLOR]

This is a very simple tiara that easy for even children to make. But very eggalent upon a chicken's head.
This is the finished product!!! [COLOR=000000]Note: Do not be afraid to read the instructions and tweak them to your taste. Use a colored pipe cleaner with contrasting beads, and different patterns. [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]First you are going to need one pipe cleaner of any color, One big diamond shaped bead, four small diamond shaped beads, florist wire, wire cutters, and lots of beads![/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]First pick a pipe cleaner. It should be twelve inches long.[/COLOR] Then take the pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Unfold it and bend the folded part into a 'v' sticking down. Pick a few beads, and create your pattern. Make sure the beads are big enough to go on the pipe cleaner! Add two to four beads depending on their size. Set the pipe cleaner down and grab the wire. Unroll the wire 4-5 times. Get your diamond and the wire half way. Set diamond on the middle of a different wire. Bend wire and wrap ends of wire one on each side of diamond like this. Add beads to on side of wire, attach end to bead farthest from 'v' and wrap the wire around the pipe cleaner until there's no more wire. Same with other wire. Should look like this! If you want you can add a ribbon to both side and add more beads. Cut four peices of four and a half inches long to five inches of florist wire. Add a diamond near the end and twist/wrap the end up the wire. Add beads leave an inch of wire at the end. Make three more and take the end of one and wrap it around the pipe cleaner until the wire's gone. And your crown is complete! Now all you need to do is dress up your divas! Above is my Barred Rock hen Hattie. Above is my best model, Daisy, my White Rock!
love.gif
Side view, very nice... Happy creativity to you
frow.gif

HEN Tiara Entry #5
[COLOR=FF0000] Chick's DivaTiara [/COLOR]

This is a very simple tiara that easy for even children to make. But very eggalent upon a chicken's head.
This is the finished product!!! [COLOR=000000]Note: Do not be afraid to read the instructions and tweak them to your taste. Use a colored pipe cleaner with contrasting beads, and different patterns. [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]First you are going to need one pipe cleaner of any color, One big diamond shaped bead, four small diamond shaped beads, florist wire, wire cutters, and lots of beads![/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]First pick a pipe cleaner. It should be twelve inches long.[/COLOR] Then take the pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Unfold it and bend the folded part into a 'v' sticking down. Pick a few beads, and create your pattern. Make sure the beads are big enough to go on the pipe cleaner! Add two to four beads depending on their size. Set the pipe cleaner down and grab the wire. Unroll the wire 4-5 times. Get your diamond and the wire half way. Set diamond on the middle of a different wire. Bend wire and wrap ends of wire one on each side of diamond like this. Add beads to on side of wire, attach end to bead farthest from 'v' and wrap the wire around the pipe cleaner until there's no more wire. Same with other wire. Should look like this! If you want you can add a ribbon to both side and add more beads. Cut four peices of four and a half inches long to five inches of florist wire. Add a diamond near the end and twist/wrap the end up the wire. Add beads leave an inch of wire at the end. Make three more and take the end of one and wrap it around the pipe cleaner until the wire's gone. And your crown is complete! Now all you need to do is dress up your divas! Above is my Barred Rock hen Hattie. Above is my best model, Daisy, my White Rock!
love.gif
Side view, very nice... Happy creativity to you
frow.gif

Ok so I went a bit crazy with the photos but how often do I get to enter a chicken tiara contest?

Step one: learn how to knit.

Step two: pick your yarns

step three: spend half an hour looking for patterns, then realize no one else has knit a chicken crown before so make up your own pattern

step 4: cast on 40 ish stitches

Step 5: knit 5 rows garter stitch

step 6: knit points. I did this by *knitting 5, turn, knit 5, turn, knit two together, knit 1, knit two together, turn knit across, turn knit two together, knit two together, turn knit across, turn knit two together, bind off. reattach yarn bind off 5 repeat from * till the end (or something like that, i didn't write it down and was kind of experimenting as i went.)
you are then left with this ugly mess:

so step 7 is: weave in all loose threads

step 8: attach two ends together... TA DA!

Step 9: Add eyelash yarn to the bottom

Step 10: add beads

Step 11: decide it is too floppy and add wire to the beads

step 12: reshape crown points.

step 13: get really sad because it got dark while you were knitting :(

Step 14: decide to knit a shawl/cape because you are grumpy it got to dark to take photos.

Step 15: add beads and eyelash yarn

Step 16: beg your husband to go get a chicken for you.
(sorry he wouldn't pose for a photo)

Step 17 : apply crown and cape to chicken and take many photos... in this case we used "Eli" our silkie showgirl type rooster, since he is fairly mellow and didn't seem to mind wearing a crown.

crown-less, to show off his beautiful hairdo

hope you enjoyed!

This is just PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you teach me how to knit? I just love that. And you model is aweully cooperative. I must say he looks very handsome in his crown and cape. lolol Nice job!

and he is just the sweetest little guy too- he is just happy and content (no matter what crazy creation i am forcing him to wear haha) he is why i decided to get real showgirls if they are half as sweet as he is then I will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom