2013 Texas Chickenstock June 8, 2013

allen wranch

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
San Marcos, TX
Are you ready Texas?

Join other BYC members and friends from the Austin Backyard Poultry Meet-up group for a day of eating and scocializing in San Marcos, TX.

Everyone welcome. Sign up here, and I will keep track of who is coming.

Yea ! Hope you can make it.

There are a lot of people coming from the Austin Backyard Poultry Meetup group, which includes some of the regulars.

Chickenstock is a gathering of poultry people who greet, meet, eat and talk chick'n with each other. It started 10 years ago at BYC. For logistics and weather reasons, each state has their own at different times of the year. Each one is also a little different. Some have swap meets, raffles, etc. some gather at a park for a picnic. It is mainly for you to meet other like minded people face to face. It is also a family and friends affair.

I have hosted Chickenstock in Texas eah year as I am fairly centrally located. However, there is no reason why there couldn't be more than one in Texas because of its size.

Texas Chickenstock is also one of the events of the Austin Backyard Poultry Meet-up Group. We have a potluck lunch and have a good time telling chicken tales. There are also several people who show that come and you can learn a lot about poultry shows from them.

Come join us !!!

I was gonna while for Texas Austin is kinds central.... ill never be able to go to axchickenstock held there..... its about 8 hours from me... east Texas ( and sorry but Dallas is not east texas... that to me is more eastern central cause its still 4 hours from me(g))

May have to look into trying to do something in the longviee Marshall area

LOl-My chickens will be there.

The Texas Chickenstock is not a swap meet, but if you purchase eggs or birds from someone and want to pick them up at Chickenstock, that is OK. Just don't bring birds to sell/swap on speculation.

Back
Top Bottom