2014 New York Chickenstock

This is more for TAB but are people outside state ok to come? Just thought we might be able to get some breeders around us to come if we can to help bring new genes to peoples stock. if not no big deal.

I can also bring some angora wool (Breella I had a baggie full for you that day I picked up the feed and totally forgot to give it to you!
sad.png
).

Poo! Next time you pick up feed! Let me know when you're running close to low so I can be sure to have extra bags around.

I'm very excited, I love picnics! Also I do natural red henna tattoos, and can face paint the kids as well. I'm not spectacular with the face paint but I can do fun things like butterflies, flowers, sports things etc. I can also pick up rub off tattoos for the kids (and adults!)

They are a nice wild plum -you can prune them open or let them grow into a giant bushy type thing - they are very hardy and often grow along roadsides - so you don't have to be delicate about where you plant them. They should fruit out in 3-4 years - but they have blossomed for me in year 2 when I have transplanted them around my place. Very nice rough red and grey bark. Fruit does have a big pit - but is very tasty and very sweet plum.
I can't make a deviled egg to save my life & love it - so laugh at the irony - but I'll eat up your deviled eggs and your egg salade sandwiches if you bring them! ha ha
How many of these plum trees do you have ? I might like 1 or 2 ..What size are the fruit ?
I have some Rose of Sharon baby seedlings / trees I could bring to trade or auction
...Have to see what donations I get from the trees in the spring
Maybe something chicken or duck ...to Auction

AUCTION - - If I remember right ..the AUCTION $$$ BENEFITS THE HOST FAMILY ..

Last edited:
How many of these plum trees do you have ? I might like 1 or 2 ..What size are the fruit ?
I have some Rose of Sharon baby seedlings / trees I could bring to trade or auction

Yes, the Chinese Auction proceeds have traditionally been given to the Host family to do with what they wish. (at this event. This is just the third time this group has gotten together. Another group in NY (and surrounding states) has gotten together more than that and it is my understanding they do the same thing with the auction proceeds.)

Poo! Next time you pick up feed! Let me know when you're running close to low so I can be sure to have extra bags around.

I'm very excited, I love picnics! Also I do natural red henna tattoos, and can face paint the kids as well. I'm not spectacular with the face paint but I can do fun things like butterflies, flowers, sports things etc. I can also pick up rub off tattoos for the kids (and adults!)

OH OH, I want a tat. Especially one that will not be permanent. How much are your thinking of charging for the tats? (No one will blame you for having to cover the cost of materials) (I always ask price because I have direct deposit of my pay check so I have to make a special trip to the bank for money. I want to make sure I bring enough, but not so much that I spend the excess on stuff I don't need and then can't cover my bills. )

OH OH, I want a tat. Especially one that will not be permanent. How much are your thinking of charging for the tats? (No one will blame you for having to cover the cost of materials) (I always ask price because I have direct deposit of my pay check so I have to make a special trip to the bank for money. I want to make sure I bring enough, but not so much that I spend the excess on stuff I don't need and then can't cover my bills. )

Any I bring to the picnic would be strictly for fun, no charge (tips are never turned down though). When I used to do henna events I usually would grab a seat, put out a jar for tips and sling away! My first event I sat for five hours straight before my mom made me take a break! I was 17 and had a lot of stamina back then.

Last edited:

Yes, the Chinese Auction proceeds have traditionally been given to the Host family to do with what they wish.   (at this event.  This is just the third time this group has gotten together.  Another group in NY (and surrounding states) has gotten together more than that and it is my understanding they do the same thing with the auction proceeds.)

Yes. The proceeds go to the hosts to defray costs. Some of us have to rent a port-o-potty, or tent or tables. And lord knows it is a huge commitment. It is worth it though!

We have done a 50/50 in addition to the raffle a time or two. This is usualy the choice of the host. Any interest in that Tab or Travis? Karen and I have had some mad ninja raffle running skills. :p. Let me know. We'll just need two colors of tickets.

Can't wait!!

Oh....speaking of tent, I have one of those pop up canopy things.....if I can talk Ray into coming (so we have the pick up) I would be able to bring that. Just in case, ya know.

This picnic is early enough in the season that seedling/started plants would be welcome by many of the gardeners amoung us. Dollar Tree has mini-greenhouses and starter soil (for a buck). I have sooooo many tomato seeds I am thinking of starting a couple of these dollar store trays (each holds 12) and bringing them for the auction. Of course to have them big enough I would have to start them really really soon. (awww, too bad. LOL)

Yes. The proceeds go to the hosts to defray costs. Some of us have to rent a port-o-potty, or tent or tables. And lord knows it is a huge commitment. It is worth it though!

We have done a 50/50 in addition to the raffle a time or two. This is usualy the choice of the host. Any interest in that Tab or Travis? Karen and I have had some mad ninja raffle running skills.
tongue.png
. Let me know. We'll just need two colors of tickets.

Can't wait!!

I still have the roll of RED from the last time. Will bring them. There is better than half a roll still there.

Back
Top Bottom