Ended 2024 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

congratulations00.gif

@alinas2010, @SwampPrincessChick, @Minanora, @HennaPenHollyPol
@Brahmas Beauty Homestead, @Millsa, @shawluvsbirds, @Certified Chicken Lover, @GardenState38, & @Sally PB

All 64 entries were entered into a spreadsheet in the order they were posted and given a number. To pick the winners, this random number generator was used.​

1708289864170.png

#2 - @alinas2010
I have to share Jafar here, too, because she has been my first chicken I had to treat for any chicken ailments and so I’ve bonded with her a bit more than the others. She is so sweet and chatty but she is the lowest on the pecking order, so she sometimes gets picked on. But I make sure to give her extra love!
IMG_9032.jpeg

#58 - @SwampPrincessChick
Ruby the Rhode Island Red Bantam

In the spring of 2023, I was at Tractor Supply and I had previously thought that I was never going to get more chicks from Tractor Supply, but all of you know how that goes. They had a few bins of chicks, and one of those was the Assorted Bantam bin that I could not simply pass up. I selectively chose four chicks that I wanted: a chipmunk chick that I figured was an Old English Game Bantam which I really wanted to have, a Golden Sebright Bantam, a Silver Sebright Bantam and . . . well, I didn't know what she was at the time, but she was the cutest little reddish-brown chick I had ever seen.

I watched them grow up week by week, and it didn't take me long to figure out that the fourth chick was indeed a Rhode Island Red Bantam, which people at BackYard Chickens had suggested to me in regard to me asking what breed she is. I named her Ruby, with her nickname being Woobie or Woobie Woo, and she quickly became my favorite flock member. Her appearance has been adorable since she was a chick, with her perfect little face and her beautiful plumage, and I have to admit that she has the strangest but cutest voice for a chicken. Rather than the typical clucks and other noises, Ruby makes squeaks and cries. Ruby is sweet and I let her out of the pen every day if it is good weather so she can roam around the other yards under my supervision, and she is so friendly and curious that is seems that she is okay with me taking her anywhere. I know for sure that she prefers humans over other chickens, as she does not care if she is away from her flock members. Because of her amazing temperament, I want to begin training her to do tricks because I believe she would enjoy learning anything new. I also want to get her a diaper, a harness and a leash so I can take her to other places.

I never imagined that a Rhode Island Red Bantam in particular would be my favorite and bring me so much happiness, but Ruby is here and she has done just that.

20240215_175836.jpg

#57 - @Minanora
I have new babies and in this batch have the most friendly chick I've ever had. Not to mention her wonderful personality and cute habits. She's almost 3 weeks old, a Cuckoo Marans. Her name is Tinki. She loves to be cuddled, pet, carried around, held, and will run to get pets and jump on my arm to get held. She also likes to cuddle on my shoulder. I hope she continues to be so friendly, I love this little chook! 💚

1000007823.jpg

1000007819.jpg

💚🥰 She melts my heart!

#42 - @HennaPenHollyPol
20240212_171041.jpg

This is my favorite bird. Posey aka white bird. She is the sweetest snuggle bird I've ever had.

#55 - @Brahmas Beauty Homestead
This is Maxine. She was rescued along with two lavender orphingtons from a family that was moving and didn’t know what to do with their chickens so they were going to turn them loose on 40 acres and let them fend for themselves. I couldn’t think of that story so took in 3 of them and rehomed 12. Maxine was a tough one. She would not let you even dare come close it took a long time but she will eat out of my hand but still not liking the idea to reach down and pick her up. Her personality is strong and her genetics are stronger. Never ever has she endured mites, or illness and never gets into trouble and is on the higher end of the pecking order. She is fat and fabulous.
IMG_4309.jpeg

#20 - @Millsa
This is Usain, she is my number one lap chicken! We got her as a chick from Tractor Supply.. she is Easter EGGER and lays blue eggs. She just went through her first molt and all of her new feathers are outstanding!
IMG_4217.jpeg

#39 - @shawluvsbirds
This is my favorite call duck Remi. She was one of the call girls given to me by a special lady i met here on byc through @WVduckchick and her thread Welcome to the pond. I also had the pleasure of meeting @WVduckchick and her hubby on that dux smuggling vacation. We had the best time and i will never forget it! 😍
20240206_142919.jpg

#61 - @Certified Chicken Lover
IMG_4924.jpeg

This is Louie one of my black Astralorps. She is the perfect mix of sweet and sassy. She a very independent and loyal girl and boy do I love this chicken!❤️

#36 - @GardenState38
My boy, Gossamer, has caused quite a stir on the Aldi fan pages, posing on the hottest item in the “Aisle of Shame” 🤣
This is his Tinder (or, Tender *cough*) photo.
F807730A-55F9-44F1-94A4-B5EABDEB84CF.jpeg

#9 - @Sally PB
This is Stormy. She likes to talk to me while I clean the coop. When I scoop the poop off the poop board, she jumps up there and gives a running commentary about what I'm doing.
IMG_E2629.JPG

@alinas2010, @SwampPrincessChick, @Minanora, @HennaPenHollyPol
@Brahmas Beauty Homestead, @Millsa, @shawluvsbirds, @Certified Chicken Lover, @GardenState38, & @Sally PB, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!
thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap

Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

Back
Top Bottom