Ended 2024 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

We were in a rush to get them started and did not proofread.
btw @casportpony i know you very busy working hard i just been trying to reach you on my thread with a question about giving my duck valbazen at the same time as she is already on her third day of tylan . respiratory trouble we’re not sure what is causing it

This is Stormy. She likes to talk to me while I clean the coop. When I scoop the poop off the poop board, she jumps up there and gives a running commentary about what I'm doing.
IMG_E2629.JPG

This is Cruella. Cruella is a tiny mix breed bantam hen. Cruella isn't very fond of me. She does not enjoy pets, she does not enjoy sweet talking either. If Cruella loves one thing in this world, it's caring for chicks. I had been longing for a broody for over 7 years, and then came Cruella. This tiny little hen, barely one year old, has gone broody three times already, successfully raising many chicks. As you can understand, I am so appreciative of her. But that wouldn't necessarily make her my favourite bird, would it? Cruella and I's bond is based on our understanding of eachother. Cruella is not a dumb bird. She is extremely intelligent, sometimes I think more intelligent than some dogs and the aseel rooster. Every time she's broody, we have an unspoken agreement. I may uproach her to feed her, and when they hatch, her babies. I must abide by her rules, and I am the only one who can approach her or her babies. Cruella may not enjoy me scratching her head, but I'd be absolutely devastated to lose her. Here is one of my favourite photos of her. I truly believe that I can see the joy in her eyes every time she hatches new chicks
20230806_102635.jpg

Daffodil (Daffy) is on the right. A beautiful blue runner, she is blind in one eye. yet here she is being the emotional support duck for her sister Buttercup’s vet visit when her leg was broken ) “Daffy & Butts” always looked out for each other. They hold a very special place in my heart ❤️ ( sadly Buttercup passed away a few months ago and Daffy misses her buddy)
6AFCF6E3-95B2-4305-B46F-624D43AAD5C7.jpeg

This counts as a blurb, right
innocent GIF
?
The only restriction on word count is your patience and perhaps the forum programming. :highfive:
Fun story, thanks for sharing!
View attachment 3732471

This is Peck during her molt. She is my very best lap chicken, happily sitting there for an hour, head under my wing, er, elbow. She loves to be petted. She's my only lap chicken now. I really don't know what I'd do without her to snuggle. ❤️
How sweet, she reminds me of one of my first chickens. :love
Daffodil (Daffy) is on the right. A beautiful blue runner, she is blind in one eye. yet here she is being the emotional support duck for her sister Buttercup’s vet visit when her leg was broken ) “Daffy & Butts” always looked out for each other. They hold a very special place in my heart ❤️ ( sadly Buttercup passed away a few months ago and Daffy misses her buddy) View attachment 3732479
Very cute ducks, sorry for your loss. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom