23 week old Black Australorp cockerel for a hen ( preferably a speckled sussex )

cluckingheck

i wanna be a cowboy, baby ( HELL YEAH )
Jun 15, 2020
TyCo, West Virginia
while I don’t want to get rid of any of my chickens, I have too many cockerels and not enough hens. I was able to rehome one today, but I still have one I’ve been wanting to part with for the ladies’ sake.
He’s never been aggressive to me or anyone else, but he is pretty skittish. Though, he’ll eat out of your hand if you are patient with him. I live near Middlebourne, West Virginia.
As for what I’ll trade for, I’m wanting a Speckled Sussex hen of similar age or a hen of Delaware or blue copper maran. Though, I’d take any type of hen ( if nobody has my preferred hens ) as long as they’re friendly and likely to get along with the rest of the flock.
0D7B1F79-0F69-4106-90AA-7431CFDAD0EC.jpeg
CE63B26D-950F-4F6B-A516-A145A654BEB2.jpeg

while I don’t want to get rid of any of my chickens, I have too many cockerels and not enough hens. I was able to rehome one today, but I still have one I’ve been wanting to part with for the ladies’ sake.
He’s never been aggressive to me or anyone else, but he is pretty skittish. Though, he’ll eat out of your hand if you are patient with him. I live near Middlebourne, West Virginia.
As for what I’ll trade for, I’m wanting a Speckled Sussex hen of similar age or a hen of Delaware or blue copper maran. Though, I’d take any type of hen ( if nobody has my preferred hens ) as long as they’re friendly and likely to get along with the rest of the flock.
View attachment 2325480View attachment 2325482
Sadly I don't live in or anywhere near Virginia, but I did have an Aussie rooster once, but I lost him, his name was licorice, he is a very very fine-looking rooster, best of luck rehoming him.

Sadly I don't live in or anywhere near Virginia, but I did have an Aussie rooster once, but I lost him, his name was licorice, he is a very very fine-looking rooster, best of luck rehoming him.
Ah, that sucks! I’m really wanting to find someone in-state to trade with.
If we were closer, I would’ve definitely given him to you. He doesn’t have a name yet, but I’ve been calling him Not-Poe as a placeholder of sorts.

I was able to find someone at work to take one of my other Australorp roos off my hands, so there’s that.

Yeah, he is a beautiful roo roo, I really do wish you the best of luck.
If we were closer, I would’ve definitely given him to you. He doesn’t have a name yet, but I’ve been calling him Not-Poe as a placeholder of sorts.

I was able to find someone at work to take one of my other Australorp roos off my hands, so there’s that.

I lost mine to possibly arthritis because he was so big, his legs started to give out, so we put him on a low dose of aspirin, and that made him more active, but some things aren't meant to last forever, but life must go on because he is in a better place now, and he's probably happier where he is now.

Yeah, he is a beautiful roo roo, I really do wish you the best of luck.
yeah, he’s the one that has the most green sheen to his feathers out of the other two roos. the one I managed to give away has really pretty hackled feathers, lol. they kind of looked like strands of black, glossy silk. each roo has their own specialty

I lost mine to possibly arthritis because he was so big, his legs started to give out, so we put him on a low dose of aspirin, and that made him more active, but some things aren't meant to last forever, but life must go on because he is in a better place now, and he's probably happier where he is now.
i really hate to hear about that. it sucks when their quality of live goes down, because of ( sometimes ) only one reason. arthritis gets a whole bunch of different animals down and you can’t do anything for it other than pain management, but that’ll only last so long.

I might have another roo get rid of for the sake of the girls. I just don’t have enough hens for all my roos and while I don’t want to part with because they are all nice, they are wearing the hens out. 6 roos to 9 hens ( well, 13 hens but the 4 pullets are only 11 weeks old ). I’d love it if I could add more hens, so I won’t have to get rid of any of my boys, but not sure if my parents would allow that. I’m thinking about getting rid of another one
  • Rex, a cuckoo maran
here’s some pictures of rex:

D4370645-AEC7-42CA-93EB-4BB146BB34AC.png

26E4AC0D-0054-4BAF-B0A8-00248A96C878.png

i would really prefer it if anyone would be willing to trade some hens of similar age for my roos. I’ve been wanting some Speckled Sussex, blue copper marans, blue Delawares, or Wyandotte but would take any dual-purpose chicken ( more of a focus on eggs ).

Back
Top Bottom