2nd Generation Incubation Hatch-a-Long

Rebel58

Songster
Mar 26, 2018
NorthWest PA
History:
Last winter, as a means to get through winter lay-off (I am a Construction Inspector for PennDOT) and to distract myself from the pains of a Lupus flare, I decided to fulfill a life-long dream to incubate and hatch eggs. Preferably peafowl eggs but I decided to start with chicken (less expensive). I got a few variety eggs from a friend and purchased shipped eggs. Through the course of spring and summer I built my coop and run to house my flock. I call it "Victory Coop" as I was determined not to let Lupus control my life.
Fast forward 10 months and I have a variety of feathered friends all hatched from my incubators.
Thanks to a timer light installed in coop my hens have begun to lay eggs.
Though none have gone broody yet, this ol' biddy has. :oops:
I have collected eggs and set in incubators beginning on 1/11/19. My hens include barred rock, black laced red Wyandotte, black copper marans and a couple of smaller bantys I'm not sure of their breed.
IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

So here we go with 2nd generation.....:wee

Three of first batch of six hatched this morning. #4 is almost out of shell. #5 externally pipped center of shell, blood showing. I applied some Neo and am hoping it doesn't bleed to death. #6 will be the later bloomer.
IMG_1221.jpg

Back
Top Bottom