3 day old Button Quail chick CROWING!?!?!- WITH VIDEO Recording of it!

oh and alllsooo, to behonest i dont know how i got him to stay still, he wants to *go go go* too but i did baffle him a lot with my hands so he'd stay still long enough tho i am terrified the whole time i take pictures of him and hte other quail that they're going to spring off and fall and hurt themselves. I actually had a coturnix do that to me the other night i about cried i thougth it was dead...its about 3 days later and teh little booger is fine...dunno how tho....it fell about 3 ft....i dont knwo what that'd be equivalent too if a person were that size..seesh... i was sure i was going to wake up in the moring to it dead...but nope!
smile.png
Learned my lesson tho,, window seal pictures...(better light anyhow)....that way if they jump off...they fall on me or the bed LOL!

I had a button do that - jumped right out of my hand while I was taking a pic and SMACK - right onto the concrete basement floor. Layed there twitching and I was devastated but it came to and was just fine! I think they bounce...

As far as the eggs, I will ship eggs eventually but right now I've only got one laying (and I ate them all!) and I don't know if it's the gray one or the blue one, and I don't know if they are fertile. They are only 7 or 8 weeks old so I'll give them some more time. I've never shipped a live bird so I would be afraid. Of the 14 two-week olds I have, none are blue. Lots of whites though and they are pretty. I'm hoping to sell them and then I'll do a hatch with my own eggs and see what I get.

Sold all my baby chickens today - 23 of them - WOO HOO!!! They were really starting to stink so I am glad to see them go. Cleaning twice a day just isn't enough.

Quote:
oo then by next spring you think you may be confident to sell me some eggies? I dont care ifi get an assortment of colors (like if none are blue that's fine...any new color variety i am interested in and if i get a blue...OMG YAY)! Also i realize that you cannot guarrentee the eggies to hatch, all i care about is the price is reasonable and that you atleast tried to package them so the postoffice dorks dont crush em all ha ha....i know you can't guarrentee that either
wink.png
. I had the UPS bring a package of canned cat food (my one cat has pancreantitis and needs special food i cant get in the stores) they smashed that box so hard, it busted open a can....ROTTING canned rabbit does NOT smell good, NOR is it nice smearing through rotten slime to get all the cans out and clean them and dry them indivdually! LOL!

"i think they bounce' HA HA!!!! Maybe!? When my coturnix fell it layed there a second then screamed it's head off.....i felt like a horrrible horrrible mama bird person LOL! Now that he's fine, it's just a lesson learned
big_smile.png

YAY to selling chickies!!!! I plan to this coming spring/summer hatching some chickens, but since i rent and for some reason im not allowed to have anymore chickens when i do raise them tehy will all have to be sold and or put in the freezer....sucks cuzi lOoove chickens as pets...i have two but they're only slightly friendly more fun to look at and hand feed, i miss the chcikens i used to have would hop right up in my lap and talk to me and follow me around the yard.
smile.png

Cindy, i just now realized you're in OHIO!!!
smile.png
Hi neighbor
smile.png
What side of it are you in? If you're close enough maybe i could just convince hubby to make a trip over to pick up some eggs chicks or birds? If you're too far it would probably just be smarter to whine for you to ship me some eggs but incase you're kinda close that'd be really neat...the ohio boarder is only like 45 mins away.
smile.png

Hi neighbor!!! I think I've been to Indiana PA before. My dad is from Spangler (near Barnesboro). My sister lives in Perryopolis - probably much further in than you are. Nice place to visit but when it takes 45 minutes to get to a store - I'll pass! You are welcome to visit any time - I'm in North Ridgeville (zip 44039). It's west of Cleveland in Lorain county.

I can't imagine the stink of rotting canned rabbit...ewwww!!!

If you really want some eggs, I'll ship them but I don't even know if they are fertile. Let them get a little older and I'll check it out first. Would hate for none to hatch.

Quote:
that'll work cuz i really dont want eggs (paranoid about shipping with the heat and stuff this time of year) until 09' spring/summer
smile.png
So as long as you still have buttons by then (any colors---but esp blues) i want eggies.
wink.png
Im demanding aren't i?!? Maybe we could also do trades, as long as my buttons do well over winter I'd love to give you some possible pieds (splashes).
smile.png
My hen is a normal but pied is supposedly a dominant pattern, so it should show up in the offspring once Pippins old enough to produce.
big_smile.png
I've heard of both places youv'e mentioned here in PA however I have no clue where abotu they are...maybe near pittsburgh? I dunno ha ha. Youa re so right about driving 45 minutes to get to a store, however walmart is now just a 15 min drive down the road, but for actual Malls, and petstores and farm stores..you're talking 40+ minutes....and a full hour to get to real places (big mall etc). ha ha....

Yes, Perropolis is about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh. Don't ask me in what direction because I have no clue. The thing I hate about driving in that area is every sign on the turnpike points to Pittsburgh! I've gotten so lost...

Yes, trades would be good - but I'm new to the button world and am not even sure what a pied is! I'm just happy to have what I have. My SIL is big into breeding so I think she sent me some of her best. I have two whites and a chipmunky-looking one together in one cage but I think both of the whites are males. Still too early to tell but they are all suffering from "war wounds" and get along really well. I have 3 or 4 pure whites that are two weeks old too so hopefully I can get a pair.

Quote:
that's pretty cool
smile.png
Heres an adult pied (splash) *they come in all different colors tho, pretty much like a paint horse*:

kay i had a lil fun and found more than just one splashed picture lol!

CINNAM2_214136.jpg

NormalSplash.jpg

Splash.jpg

I have no idea how much white exactly Pippin will have but it's deffinatly coming in on his wingies.
big_smile.png

You two are having all the fun over there! I am in California, so faaaarrrrrr away from you and your interesting and gorgeous birds!

Did not get any pics today- tomorrow ok?

I am maxed out on buttons- 9 more hopefully hatching next Monday. But shipping eggs now should not be a problem is it? It is cool here anyway- about 72-75 everyday.

I had another silkie hatch today- soooo cute!
Let me see if I can get pics of them tomorrow too.

cheers, Jayne

Back
Top Bottom