3-Month-Old Rooster In Need Of A New Loving Home

elizabethj02

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2023
A few months ago, my family and I bought a batch of chickens from Tractor Supply being told they were all sexed females. To our surprise, a month later we realized a rooster had snuck into the batch. We have talked to our local city hall about keeping him but unfortunately was turned down due to the regulations they have in place. I'm not sure if there is a certain age they have to meet to be rehomed, but I am hoping for some guidance or tips to ensure he's able to live the long happy, and healthy life he deserves. Please let me know if you are interested in taking him in or know somewhere that can. His breed is an Australorp and I live in Virginia a few miles out from Richmond. He's very shy but is very sweet with a bit of a goofy side. I've attached a few pictures of him below.

Attachments

• IMG_4563.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4350.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3761.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
First,,,, Welcome to BYC.
Now to answer your question, about rehoming age. There is no age requirement.
Your images in PDF format are not easily viewable. Have to be downloaded, and then opened.
Try reposting them in Jpeg or Png format.
image_2023-12-03_012742059.png

And here is another option/suggestion. Post this on your State Thread. This way you target viewers close to your location.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/virginia.80/page-819

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Last edited:
First,,,, Welcome to BYC.
Now to answer your question, about rehoming age. There is no age requirement.
Your images in PDF format are not easily viewable. Have to be downloaded, and then opened.
Try reposting them in Jpeg or Pdf format.
View attachment 3696811
And here is another option/suggestion. Post this on your State Thread. This way you target viewers close to your location.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/virginia.80/page-819

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Thank you for the tips! I just made a post for him on my state thread and fixed the formatting.

I have a black hen that he would go good with.
The OP, has not been very active since December 3. Location is in first posting.
I live in Virginia a few miles out from Richmond.

Maybe rooster is no longer available. :idunno
BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,roosters are quite plentiful, and available for free.

Just keep checking the forum.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom