4.5 week old chick

May 6, 2023
My black australorp chick has been having her initial morning poop like this for a week. Is this something to be concerned with? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20240423_072312.jpg
    20240423_072312.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 42
My black australorp chick has been having her initial morning poop like this for a week. Is this something to be concerned with? Thank you in advance.
Every morning for a week?
How is her behavior?

What do you feed, including treats?

Is she with other chicks outside? What's the other chick's poop like?

Have you treated with Corid? If so, when and for how long?

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Every morning for a week?
How is her behavior?

What do you feed, including treats?

Is she with other chicks outside? What's the other chick's poop like?

Have you treated with Corid? If so, when and for how long?

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.
She is acting normal. No treats. Kalmback organic chick starter. They had corid treatment 2.5 weeks ago. 6 day of treatment. They are still inside. Temperature not warm enough outside. Other girls poops have occasional intestinal shed, but in normal poops.

These, watery, mucus urates happen first couple poops of of the day, then regular rest of the day. I did start corid this morning. Sending a fecal sample to uc davis tomorrow. Do you know what causes. The

Attachments

• 20240424_071808.jpg
    20240424_071808.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240424_071803.jpg
    20240424_071803.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240424_071800.jpg
    20240424_071800.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240424_071753.jpg
    20240424_071753.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 6
These, watery, mucus urates happen first couple poops of of the day, then regular rest of the day. I did start corid this morning. Sending a fecal sample to uc davis tomorrow. Do you know what causes. The
Glad you are sending a sample for testing, hopefully you'll get results back soon.

Keep us posted.

Glad you are sending a sample for testing, hopefully you'll get results back soon.

Keep us posted.
so.....I read to disinfect the living area to use ammonia. I really do not want to do that. they still need to live there. I read hydrogen peroxide is no smell disinfectant. Is that true?

Also regarding treatment. 6 days enough? Do I retreat a week later? The internet is confusing. many different opinions.

I should have results in 5 days

so.....I read to disinfect the living area to use ammonia. I really do not want to do that. they still need to live there. I read hydrogen peroxide is no smell disinfectant. Is that true?

Also regarding treatment. 6 days enough? Do I retreat a week later? The internet is confusing. many different opinions.

I should have results in 5 days
I would not disinfect. Chicks need exposure to what's in their environment.

5-7 days is the normal course of treatment for Corid.

Back
Top Bottom