@ 5 months... i still don't know what it is....

<3ChickenS<3

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Peterborough
I'm thinking hen... but thought I'd ask to be sure....
and people on here told me a jersey giant, but she's sooo small, it's little feet are yellow....she hasnt laid an egg yet, her little friend the roo (Harry) here is very small too, he might stand a foot high... don't know what he is either...

86361_080.jpg

What a beautiful pair! I bet the chicks out of those guys'd be the cutest things ever
smile.png

As for the hen, she almost looks like a sumatra/japanese cross. Are her legs really that short or is she squatting down?
The rooster looks to have some cochin in him.

He's a foot tall to head? So she's a bantam something with single comb and yellow feet...

Bantam black Plymouth Rock.

Yup, it's a guess and I'm stickin' to it. Try posting a pic with some representation of size on the 'Plymouth Rock Thread' (type that in the search). They'll know for sure if I guessed right.

And here is a Bantam Rock Thread, page three has a pic of black bantam Rock:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=552734&p=3

Last edited:
The black is definitely a girl, and Harry is a boy. Both look to be mixes. Her comb is still pale so no eggs just yet.

20 weeks is the earliest you'd get eggs in the production breeds anyway. She's just not ready, yet. Give her another 4-6 weeks and then I think you'll see some changes.

Quote:
ya, they are both pretty small, should see them holding their own against my 7 month old black sex links! Thanks, i'll give it a try

Back
Top Bottom