6 new chicks

DDNONIN2016

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 27, 2012
SW Ohio
Have been looking for Black Australorps. Just found them at our local feed store. So beautiful and healthy. I love love love them already
love.gif

i've never owned that breed, but from what i've heard they are sweet, quiet and great layers!! awesome chicks you got there! cute as buttons!

I have one BA and she's the sweetest thing. She's the only one we can pick up and pet. 9 year old DD will be showing her this year in 4H. So excited. I'd get another one but I'm afraid wouldn't be able to tell them apart. LOL! So I chose a Specked Sussex and a Ameracuana. Get them next month & can't wait.

I love BAs! I have one who is just as chatty as she can be. She follows me around and tells me the flock gossip. We almost have conversations. I can say "Berk?" like a question and she will happily respond, "Bok! Bokbokbokbok. Bok. Bok bok!"

Cracks me up.

Thanks everyone ! I'm so happy with them. I was up every hour checking on them last night making sure they weren't cold. My brooder is in the coop. It was so funny when I checked them at 5 am my rooster crowed and the new babies stood up real tall and got real skinny. LOL. Guess they will have to get used to that. They were kinda scared and tried to hide most of yesterday but this morning they were all being big shots and scratching shavings a foot above their heads (and into the waterer of course). I left my dad in charge of them today while I'm at work. He loves chicks and will most likely check on them no less than a hundred times. Hope everyone has a blessed day.

I love BAs! I have one who is just as chatty as she can be. She follows me around and tells me the flock gossip. We almost have conversations. I can say "Berk?" like a question and she will happily respond, "Bok! Bokbokbokbok. Bok. Bok bok!"
Cracks me up.
So funny ! I think they wish they could speak human as much as we wish they could.

Back
Top Bottom