6+ SQ BANTAM Spangled Russian Orloff hatching eggs, NPIP

6littlechickies

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Burton, OH
I have a bit of a break in my wait list so I've decided to offer up some eggs from our flock of BANTAM Russian Orloff's. This auction is for 6+ hatching eggs.

These are NOT hatchery stock (hatcheries do not even carry bantam orloff’s) but are from our flock our show quality birds. Our birds took best of breed and reserve of breed at the 2010 Ohio Nationals. We breed to the ABA standard and are an NPIP certified flock, number 31-467.

Those of you that are familiar with Orloff’s know just how rare the bantams are. This is a very hardy yet gentle breed that we just adore. They love to free range and our roosters are very adept at protecting their ladies from predators yet they will allow my 3YO DS to pick them up and carry them around. Our hens are very good layers for the first year plus and then tend to slow down a bit but everyone laid right on through the coldest winter temps we had in NE Ohio. We do have one girl that loves to go broody but most of the others are not interested in hatching.
wink.png

We are very excited to be able to offer some to our BYC peeps! We have had great fertility both here on our farm and from eggs we have shipped. Due to their rarity and limited availability we are only offering these in lots of 6+ eggs. This lot of eggs will ship out Friday, unless otherwise requested. If you prefer we can ship Monday or Tuesday of next week. We accept paypal payments.

For those of you not familiar with the breed, you can read more about them here http://russianorloff.weebly.com/index.html

We pack our eggs very carefully and ship priority mail with delivery confirmation. You can see info on how we ship from ADozenGirlz here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=43104-diary-of-the-egglets

Good luck and happy hatching!

And now, for some eye candy…

31148_russian_orloff_hatching_004.jpg

31148_img_1039.jpg

bd1d12ec.jpg

220e0af4.jpg

31148_img_1043.jpg

ecaf04ce.jpg

31148_dsc_0485.jpg

31148_dsc_0497.jpg

7ced8f3d.jpg

and then, for comparison purposes, here is a shot of some of our eggs, the Bantam Orloff egg is in the 6 o'clock spot, other eggs in this pic are a BCM, OE and Amer.
31148_dsc_0603watermark.jpg

Quote:
hey becca!
frow.gif
yes, you got to see them at the Nationals if I remember right. thanks for the kind words!

yep, planning on going to Mt Hope in May. (20-21st, right?) you coming too? if so, we absolutely MUST plan a BYC meet up!

you got the LF from shelley right? she has gorgeous stock!

Quote:
hey becca!
frow.gif
yes, you got to see them at the Nationals if I remember right. thanks for the kind words!

yep, planning on going to Mt Hope in May. (20-21st, right?) you coming too? if so, we absolutely MUST plan a BYC meet up!

you got the LF from shelley right? she has gorgeous stock!

Yes, OH Nationals
Yes, May 20-21
Yes, from Shelley's auction.
big_smile.png

Oh, Jen's babies are beautiful!!!! I got hatching eggs from her last year and had all but one hatch out. They are strong and beautiful birds. I wish I had the room to buy more.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom