Guess that gender!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CraftyMotherHen

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2022
This beautiful chick is definitely either head hen or a roo. She's an amazing snuggler but she is also aggressive. Essentially, when you pick her up you have a 50/50 shot on whether or not she chooses violence or love
20220419_161610.jpg
20220419_161549.jpg
20220419_161415.jpg

Both look like pullets so far. But I question whether they are actually silver laced Barnevelders with the dark legs, combs and facial skin. I'm also seeing single lacing rather than double lacing as Barnies should have.

Both look like pullets so far. But I question whether they are actually silver laced Barnevelders with the dark legs, combs and facial skin. I'm also seeing single lacing rather than double lacing as Barnies should have.
So from what I've read, the roos have single lacing in the chest which is why I'm a little bit concerned about it being a cockerel even though it doesn't have a prevalent comb or waddle... I'm a newbie so I'm not sure though

So from what I've read, the roos have single lacing in the chest which is why I'm a little bit concerned about it being a cockerel even though it doesn't have a prevalent comb or waddle... I'm a newbie so I'm not sure though
That's possible, although most SLB roosters I've seen are mostly black on the breast. But there is variability in all breeds. I just can't account for the dark legs and face. Barnies should have yellow legs. But it could just be another case of variability, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom