7 weeks. My chickens that I have identified.

Donner

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Issaquah, WA
Posted pics of unidentified ones on this thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=423399

Here are some pics of the ones I am pretty sure I know.

The Brahmas One Light, Two Buff, and One Dark surrounding a Barred Rock.
68084_100_1779.jpg

All the EEs except the potential Roo. Couple of the Barred Rocks. Buff Brahmas again. The Light Brahma.
Unidentified white, black, and buff.
68084_dscf0127.jpg

My chicken count (Need to create a sig)
Order for 25 Rainbow layers + a rare/exotic = 30 chickens
9 EE
9 Barred Rocks
3 Buff Brahma
1 Light Brahma
1 Dark Brahma
2 Black unknown
2 White unknown
2 Buff unkown
1 Black and White unknown

In that first pic, looks like 2 EEs, not buff brahmas. Does that white/black one in pic 1 have feathered legs? If not, I suspect it is a columbian rock.

Pic 2: The two lighter gold ones in pics 2 are EEs. The other brown/gold ones are welsummers or brown leghorns. The white/black one on top looks like a columbian rock and the white one on the bottom looks like a delaware.

Brahma's have heavily feathered legs.

I'm inlove w/your Dark Brahma hen!
love.gif

Unkown chickies...:
2 Black ones - either Black Australorps or maybe...??? They look kind of Leghorny to me
hmm.png

2 White ones - Delawares
The Buff ones are either Buff Orpingtons or Buff Rocks ... are their feet White or Yellow?
I don't see the Black&White one?
hu.gif

Quote:
The buff brahmas in the pic have feathers on their feet. EEs don't have feathers on their feet. Right? And, it looks like the brown ones I thought were EEs are probably not, as you noticed in the bottom pic, brown leghorns/welsummer is the consensus. I say brown leghorns because McMurray does not appear to carry Welsummer (unless they are an off catalog item). So, now I am wondering whether I have any EEs at all.

The white black one in the second pic is the same light brahma from the first pic. The gold ones are the same buffs from the top pic, they have feathers on their feet which might be fooling you into thinking they have grey feet.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I'm inlove w/your Dark Brahma hen!
love.gif

Unkown chickies...:
2 Black ones - either Black Australorps or maybe...??? They look kind of Leghorny to me
hmm.png

2 White ones - Delawares
The Buff ones are either Buff Orpingtons or Buff Rocks ... are their feet White or Yellow?
I don't see the Black&White one?
hu.gif

Got Ancona for the B&W one from the ID thread.

68084_100_1768.jpg

Quote:
The buff brahmas in the pic have feathers on their feet. EEs don't have feathers on their feet. Right? And, it looks like the brown ones I thought were EEs are probably not, as you noticed in the bottom pic, brown leghorns/welsummer is the consensus. I say brown leghorns because McMurray does not appear to carry Welsummer (unless they are an off catalog item). So, now I am wondering whether I have any EEs at all.

The white black one in the second pic is the same light brahma from the first pic. The gold ones are the same buffs from the top pic, they have feathers on their feet which might be fooling you into thinking they have grey feet.

You are right, EEs do not have feathers on their feet. MM doesn't carry welsummers, so they would be brown leghorms most likely. Do any of your birds have a beard and muff and a pea comb? That'd help ID your EEs, if you have any.

Sometimes I think trying to figure out what breed a chicken is is like trying to figure out how many gumballs are in a jar. You take a guess but you may never really know!!

Back
Top Bottom