8-Week-Old Sussex Hunched Over

Spicegirls4

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2024
Hello!
(New to chickens)
Not sure if this is normal but we got a speckled sussex five days ago and ever since we got her she's seemed hunched over.
Her and her australorp sister were kind of lethargic on the second day but seem to have perked up. The picture with her eyes closed was from day 2.
She's eating and drinking a lot, walking around with her sisters, and doesn't seem to be sleeping as much during the day as she did before.
She just seems to have a different posture than the rest.
Is this normal?

1000028954.jpg

1000028741.jpg
1000028952.jpg

Keep an eye on her for signs of coccidiosis. They can look similar to that posture, are lethargic, have runny poops with or without a bit of blood, and usually will not eat. Corid is available in feed stores (cattle medicines) for treatment of coccidiosis. Hopefully, she is just stressed from the move. Are they on chick starter grower, and have you got some granite poultry grit to help them digest food, grasses, and bugs? They just take a little when they need it.

Keep an eye on her for signs of coccidiosis. They can look similar to that posture, are lethargic, have runny poops with or without a bit of blood, and usually will not eat. Corid is available in feed stores (cattle medicines) for treatment of coccidiosis. Hopefully, she is just stressed from the move. Are they on chick starter grower, and have you got some granite poultry grit to help them digest food, grasses, and bugs? They just take a little when they need it.
Thank you! I purchased corid and I'm trying to figure out the dosing and everything now. Her poop was runny yesterday but I haven't seen her go today to tell if it still is.
They're eating medicated crumbles and chick grit. Their run floor is all grass so they've been eating a lot of grass, clover, and bugs.
I have seen her eat some pine shavings

Back
Top Bottom