~8 week Olive egger - hen or roo?

wc-chick

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2020
Washington State
Hi! I've got an Olive egger that is turning 8 weeks old this Friday. Would appreciate any opinions on whether she is a she (šŸ¤ž) or a he!

Her comb is redder than her sisters although the intensity of the color does change throughout the day. In the pictures you can kind of see some variation (these were taken 30 minutes apart) - it's brighter red when she's out foraging.

I tried to include pictures with a few different angles!

Thank you!!

Attachments

• oliveegger1.jpeg
    oliveegger1.jpeg
    787.7 KB · Views: 96
  • oliveegger2.jpeg
    oliveegger2.jpeg
    623.5 KB · Views: 65
  • oliveegger3.jpeg
    oliveegger3.jpeg
    560.2 KB · Views: 59
  • oliveegger4.jpeg
    oliveegger4.jpeg
    440.3 KB · Views: 56
  • oliveegger5.jpeg
    oliveegger5.jpeg
    516.2 KB · Views: 65
You own my dream bird! šŸ˜² I've always wanted a barred/cuckoo EE <3 Do you have other pictures of the other birds their age? The comb does look quite wide and red but the overall bird appears fairly hen-like although EE's tend to do this :'(

You own my dream bird! šŸ˜² I've always wanted a barred/cuckoo EE <3 Do you have other pictures of the other birds their age? The comb does look quite wide and red but the overall bird appears fairly hen-like although EE's tend to do this :'(

She is gorgeous!! I am really hoping she's a she... we're not allowed to have roos where I am located and I'd hate to give her up!

Here are some photos of the rest of the flock - all turning 8 weeks this week!

Attachments

• img_1.jpg
    img_1.jpg
    946 KB · Views: 57
  • img_2.jpg
    img_2.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 48
  • img_3.jpg
    img_3.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 37
  • img_4.JPG
    img_4.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 37
  • img_5.JPG
    img_5.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 44
Hi! I've got an Olive egger that is turning 8 weeks old this Friday. Would appreciate any opinions on whether she is a she (šŸ¤ž) or a he!

Her comb is redder than her sisters although the intensity of the color does change throughout the day. In the pictures you can kind of see some variation (these were taken 30 minutes apart) - it's brighter red when she's out foraging.

I tried to include pictures with a few different angles!

Thank you!!
Looks like a cockerel, not too sure.

Honestly... I'd just wait on her, she'll either 'rooster-up' so to say, get some 'big boy' feathers, or she'll lay an egg. Easter Eggers can be tough, thats a pretty big comb but I am the owner of an Easter Egger mix with a pretty big comb and she lays a large green egg every other day so :D Too pretty to give away prematurely at least ;D

Back
Top Bottom