8 yo white layer stands in pool leaning forward

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
This is Heidi all the past several days. She just wants to stand in the pool in this position. She’s leaning forward her tail is up, but she’s not pumping or anything still and yet I gave her some calcium gluconate. I can’t feel any egg in there or anything, but she just looks uncomfortable. She still eating, she can walk around, but prefers to stand in the pool. ever since one of my other ducks had a prolapse which got shredded up by my chickens I worry that might happen again is Heidi acting like she might have a prolapse standing leaning forward like that ??
7FF5FE60-87EE-4858-98A9-73F570DF7EB8.jpeg

I am sure you have checked her vent for any prolapse right? Usually they can be seen. Does she still lay? You can't always feel an egg it depends on where it is located inside.

I am sure you have checked her vent for any prolapse right? Usually they can be seen. Does she still lay? You can't always feel an egg it depends on where it is located inside.
yes i have been looking and her vent looks normal . and i can’t be 100% sure if she has laid an egg or not yet this year. but she is eight years old.

I still have a few that will be 8 this week that are laying one way to find out is with food coloring put some around her vent if she is laying her egg will be colored. Of course do this in the evening when they are going into bed so she doesn’t wash this off. Another dose of Calciun gluconate won’t hurt either.

I agree with Miss Lydia , Another dose of Calciun Gluconate would not hurt, I had a duck like this and it was because of a prolapse, In and out of the pool, If she walks normally outside the pool and looks normal it might be nothing.

Back
Top Bottom