9 Week Old Buff Orpington Cockerel Trying to Mate? Is This Normal?

Yes, that is normal! Cockerels typically begin learning how to hold onto pullets very early, but some are late. You will see him grabbing their necks and letting go quickly or trying to get on their back after grabbing the neck.

Awesome!!! I loved my Orps!!! I had both buff and lavender
I have lavender wyandotte chicks being raised by one of my hens (They aren't really her babies but she doesn't know that. She is a Black Copper Maran.)

My buffs are so sweet. They always follow me around and love to settle on my lap as I give them scratches. They are my favorites along with my one Speckled Sussex hen. (She lost one of her sisters to a cat and her other sister she lost because the sister was not the smartest and ended up doing herself in.)

I have lavender wyandotte chicks being raised by one of my hens (They aren't really her babies but she doesn't know that. She is a Black Copper Maran.)

My buffs are so sweet. They always follow me around and love to settle on my lap as I give them scratches. They are my favorites along with my one Speckled Sussex hen. (She lost one of her sisters to a cat and her other sister she lost because the sister was not the smartest and ended up doing herself in.)
Awesome!!!! Sorry for your loss though.

Back
Top Bottom