99 degrees or 100.5 degrees which is best

chayton

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Weatherford, TX
after putting 24 eggs in on Wednesday I cant get my incubator to settle on 99.5. I have a fan in my incubator and everything I have read says the temp needs to be on 99.5 if I have a fan.

I am using a electronic temp control with +/-1 degree differential. If I set my controller on 98 my temps stays mostly on 99 with an occasional rise to 99.5 in incubator, if I set my controller on 99 the incubator stays at 100.5.

Which should I go with lower or higher temp????

Either one of those should be fine. My incubator that has a fan runs around 100.5. I have great hatches out of it, but the chicks are usually a day or 2 early...which I kind of like anyways b/c I don't have to wait as long!
lol.png

Last edited:
range between them will be great.
smile.png

some people love 100 deg, perhaps because the number show 100 then they dream to have 100% hatch rate
roll.png
,that's real good wish tough. you can't have 101 hatch rate, perhaps 101 dalmatian.
smile.png

I have scene good hatch rates at 95 - 102 degrees. I prefer 99.5. You can accomplish this if you know how to solder. Drop you potentiometer down by one size. It will tighten the temperature range. Good luck.

A few degrees here or there doesn't matter. What matters is...a good thermometer and most importantly GOOD EGGS.

Even the best incubator can't hatch bad eggs.

Back
Top Bottom