A better BBred

Kandypeeps05

Songster
Jan 30, 2022
How can you breed the black breasted read to be the same or equal vibrancy and iridescence to the ancestral red jungle fowl in domesticated birds? I know it would be a lot easier to just go with American game chickens but I would like a bird that has the closest color to the ancestor Bird without the aggression

My boy is pretty flashy, he is a BB Red OEGB. I think the best thing to do would be to buy multiple Old English Game Bantams, keep the ones who are low in aggression or the most vibrant. Breed those until you get your desired outcome. Keep in mind, no matter what breed you get to work towards the end goal, some will be aggressive. My OEGB is not. Some are.

EE7FD066-FB54-49BF-B0C4-271940CC18C7.jpeg

here’s one of my old English game bantam he looks similar to my red jungle fowl in color

How can you breed the black breasted read to be the same or equal vibrancy and iridescence to the ancestral red jungle fowl in domesticated birds? I know it would be a lot easier to just go with American game chickens but I would like a bird that has the closest color to the ancestor Bird without the aggression
Black Breasted Red Phoenix, except for the long tail. They are the closest in appearance to a Wild Red Jungle Fowl. Slate Shanks, White ears, single comb and Wildtype Color

The best you can do is find & purchase a chicken(s) that resemble your desired traits as close as possible, and then selectively breed from there. In my experience, Ive crossed a junglefowl roo to OEGB hen, and so ive used the chicks that more closely resemble dad to use in my next generation.

The best you can do is find & purchase a chicken(s) that resemble your desired traits as close as possible, and then selectively breed from there. In my experience, Ive crossed a junglefowl roo to OEGB hen, and so ive used the chicks that more closely resemble dad to use in my next generation.
D11F8232-4005-4425-BB9B-FE7FE514FFC1.jpeg
2A455CB8-E581-4C55-B353-771843FA598D.jpeg

I did the same cross results came out excellent the only problem for jungle fowl look is the white legs he is great free ranger other than white legs he looks like red jungle fowl

Back
Top Bottom