A Bielefelder Thread !

Hi Everyone a quick catch up. I haven't been on line as much as I would like due to illness in my family.
I have my breeding trio here's pics in case you never saw them.

I kept a trio for my flock from my first hatch. I like to keep one spare roo from my rare breeds just incase anything happens.The my next hatch I only had one roo so I kept 2 poulets. Then I bought a rare mix from greenfire and I have two hens from that. The ones I have are a year old in april and are the 2013 import so are the chicks from greenfire. Can't wait to see if my new ones from them are as great looking as the ones I have now. They can't grow fast enough to meet demand in my area. Seems like more people are interested. When I first got them I read this whole thread to gain info. It was preety dead on new post too. Now it moves right along I love hearing when new people get them and how happy they are with the breed. I love them, I only keep friendly breeds but biefeleders are the nicest friendly birds I own so far. Pam

The hatch is complete!!! It took three days, and I had to rescue one "breech" chick, but all 9 I put in lockdown hatched with the last one arriving around 3:00 A.M. this morning. I have photos of the first eight chicks, but number 9 will have to wait until tomorrow when her fluff has been...well...fluffed.
roll.png
I got six boys and three girls out of the hatch. Not the ratio I had hoped for, but I have a good, workable flock to breed.

Chick #1 - "Bosch" - my first boy.

Chick #2 - also a boy; no name yet.

Chick #3 - "Gidget" - my first girl.

Chick #4 - "Gretel" - my second girl.

Chick #5 - "Hansel" - a boy; hatched at the same time as "Gretel".
wink.png

Chick #6 - boy - no name yet.

Chick #7 - boy - no name yet.

Chick #8 - my "rescued" breech baby boy - no name yet.

And, of course, Chick #9 is a girl.

I am just now finding this wonderful breed! My question is, are there enough bloodlines and reputable breeders to get 3-4 different "lines" from?

I'm getting two pullets on Friday. They just hatched at the breeder's farm today. Im so excited about this breed! It seems like everyone can't say enough wonderful things about them.

Back
Top Bottom