A BOO BOO ROO!

realsis

Crazy for Silkies
11 Years
Jan 17, 2013
California
One of my 11 sexed girls 1 turned out to be a roo. Because of crowing i cant have roosters. I wanted to try one last effort before i gave him up because i really love him. Hes almost 5 months old now and a gentle giant. Hes a silver penciled rock and just beautiful. Hes already about 5-6 pounds and is twice my barred rocks hight. Hes good to the girls and good to my family and a gentle breeder. So i i did was order a no crow collar for his size. Thank God it works!!! It really works!!!! When i can hear his crow its lower than the cluck of a hen!!! Im so happy! I know people have had mixed results with this but in my case it proved 100% effective!! I can now keep "big daddy" and im very greatful!! It took some adjusting on his part to the collar but now it does not bother him one bit. Hes able to eat, drink, breed just not project a crow anymore. Im so glad i tried because i didnt want to loose him! Just wanted to share with you all. Im so happy!!

Last edited:
One of my 11 sexed girls 1 turned out to be a roo. Because of crowing i cant have roosters. I wanted to try one last effort before i gave him up because i really love him. Hes almost 5 months old now and a gentle giant. Hes a silver penciled rock and just beautiful. Hes already about 5-6 pounds and is twice my barred rocks hight. Hes good to the girls and good to my family and a gentle breeder. So i i did was order a no crow collar for his size. Thank God it works!!! It really works!!!! When i can hear his crow its lower than the cluck of a hen!!! Im so happy! I know people have had mixed results with this but in my case it proved 100% effective!! I can now keep "big daddy" and im very greatful!! It took some adjusting on his part to the collar but now it does not bother him one bit. Hes able to eat, drink, breed just not project a crow anymore. Im so glad i tried because i didnt want to loose him! Just wanted to share with you all. Im so happy!!

Where did you purchase the collar from?
Not sure if I can get one here in the UK.

Where did you purchase the collar from?
Not sure if I can get one here in the UK.

My Pet chicken online has them and i am pretty sure they deliver all around the world. Tips. When you order the collar, make certain you order the correct size for the breed of your roo. Also it might take some adjustments but my hubby and i watched a couple youtube videos on how to apply it correctly and thank God hubby got it right. You want to be able to put a pinky finger between the neck and collar. Dont get the bow tie option because the girls will peck on it, just get the plain collar.it only takes about 30 minutes for your roo to get used to the collar but dont be frightened when at first he acts strange with it on. Mine hunched down acted like he was dieing at first but withing 30 min he was fine, eating drinking and mating. Dont be alarmed if the tag gets torn off right away. This wont effect the collar. Its been a God send for me. I watch and as he stretches his neck to crow, the collar slips down more and he cant fill his diaphragm to crow.with mine if he makes sound at all ccrowing its lower than a hens cluck. Here is the place you can get the collar. Mypetchicken.com

Back
Top Bottom