A BYC CHANGE OVER REALITY. All need to read.

ok changed profile to bb code editor now I can click on preferences and a list will pop up now instead of no pop up .. It was just shooting me up to the top of the page
now if I can get my drop downs to work...... just a few more hours and I'll be able to see if I like the new site..

Last edited:
I am struggling with some of the new changes, but I have learned a lot by reading this thread.
thumbsup.gif
I did learn where to find "my page," but I had a second page made for the "What ya got Swap" and I cannot find that page! Can someone help me?
hide.gif

I did find it, thanks to Anderson505!
thumbsup.gif

I want to offer my sincere thanks and appreciation to the staff for all the hard work that was done.

I used to be the sole moderator / Admin at a moderately sized forum myself. Not the size of BYC, but we had well over a thousand users, so it was tricky with only one mod. It is easy for the users to lose sight of all the work that goes on in the background; of sleepless nights spent trying to fix things, working on a forum that was starting to come apart at the seams, moderate posts, clean up spam, and appease users and disagreements. Not to mention the stress! And when we migrated to a new platform just to keep the forum working at all, you'd think that everyone's life was in peril based on the negative reactions. I can relate.

This migration has gone remarkably smoothly for your large userbase and database sizes! This was obviously well researched, tested and carefully thought out. As a user-- yeah-- there's stuff I don't necessarily like, but that's part of the territory and I'll get used to it in no time. Don't worry about that. Your work is commendable!!

So, well done all!

thank you elevan ---- thanks for trying to help me and for letting me know --- can it be fixed?

Quote: I would think that it could be fixed as soon as the problem is figured out.

Im having a little trouble trying to figure out how to correct something in my posts before it is posted. I seem to only have trouble when I hit the backspace button. My cursor jumps to somewhere else in the post I am creating. I am not sure if it is a personal problem (meaning, my skill level, my browser, my keyboard, my computer) or if it is a glitch or something I dont know how to fix but have the ability to do. Regardless, I can work around it- just takes a little more time to post.
I'm having the same issue. I'm using Chrome...don't know if that makes a difference. It is rather annoying as I sometimes get distracted and look away from the screen and keep typing only to look back and see it all messed up.

Quote:
Font size is the same but I believe that the postbit area may be bigger and giving an optical illusion that the font is smaller than it was before.

The bright white is an issue that has been brought up by numerous members and has been reported.

Quote:
Robin, the posts themselves are all gray-blue with darker grayish blue headers. I don't really see too much white. I'm really wanting to understand what you're seeing, because I heard it from some others, but it doesn't seem that way to me. I think if you changed to black from blue, that would be even greater contrast and harder on the eyes, if you're talking about the blue bands between the posts on the forum. The white seems off-white to me. Not sure why I'm not seeing the bright white that you guys are. Hmm. Very odd.

Cythina, part of it seems to be that there is no relief from all of the bright blue and bright white, nothing there to separate the two.

I tried earlier in the breeds forum to find a topic that interested me, I find myself turning my head away trying not to look directly at the screen.

The fact that others have brought this up has to say there is a problem for some of us that doesn't seem to be an issue for all.

I've seen all of the suggestions for updating this and that, my machine is as updated as its going to get until they release new updates. I don't see the ads because I use FF so that is not part of the problem.

My ability to post and to start a new thread remains spotty. This is my third try on this one. I cant use any of the drop downs, and it takes forever to load on my IE9 browser. (just cleaned out cookies etc but it didnt help)

I was reading thru this thread hoping for some ideas, and got a headache from all the white. I thought that I was just oversensitive since I am not feeling well, and handed over to hubby. He also has a throbbing head and tired eyes. While the colored text was pretty cool in the sand box, I do think that it will get increasingly annoying here, lol. Bright colored text on this white background.....by eyeballs throb at the very thought.

If there are any other users out there wtih IE9, please let me know what you have done (if anything) to make the sight more accessible.

My ability to post and to start a new thread remains spotty. This is my third try on this one. I cant use any of the drop downs, and it takes forever to load on my IE9 browser. (just cleaned out cookies etc but it didnt help)

I was reading thru this thread hoping for some ideas, and got a headache from all the white. I thought that I was just oversensitive since I am not feeling well, and handed over to hubby. He also has a throbbing head and tired eyes. While the colored text was pretty cool in the sand box, I do think that it will get increasingly annoying here, lol. Bright colored text on this white background.....by eyeballs throb at the very thought.

If there are any other users out there wtih IE9, please let me know what you have done (if anything) to make the sight more accessible.

I am using Firefox and it is working well. I don't see colored text on a white background. The background for me is a greyish-blue color, and the blue seems to be the same as the old BYC. I really think it must be some of the computer settings. I wonder if you have a Staples or OfficeMax or a good computer expert near you, if they would be able to help fix the settings. Just a thought I had-it may not be a good one, I don't know! Just trying to help!
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom