A BYC CHANGE OVER REALITY. All need to read.

Quote:
Absolutely need a specific place. The problems people have seem to be scattered all over the place, it'd be nice to have a section to go to.
I was also thinking about a list of volunteers to help with computer issues. Instead of posting and waiting for someone to spot your post.

Absolutely need a specific place. The problems people have seem to be scattered all over the place, it'd be nice to have a section to go to.
I was also thinking about a list of volunteers to help with computer issues. Instead of posting and waiting for someone to spot your post.

I'll be glad to help. The next week is difficult, I'll have very limited time on line, but after that I can help.

One other thing that should be implemented is to stop all the posts that have nothing to do with the problem. So many of the posts looking for help are filled with the "I love the site" kind of stuff that its becoming a royal pita to find answers. Or implications of "I'm not having a problem, so why should you be?" Delete those that are not offering suggestions to the problem.

Change is harder for some than for others. It takes time to get used to something new when the "old" thing had become so intuitive. Users need to have patience with themselves as they get familiar with the new forum, and eventually the new forum will become intuitive as well. Don't blame the new format for your learning curve.

If there are glitches or bugs, then yes, those need to be reported. However, the general, "I hate this" messages are of no benefit, as are the "I love it" Someone put up a poll for that. But honestly, it is what it is and those having issues managing through change likely have a problem with change in general.

I haven't found any issues with functionality as I've browsed around, posted, read, subscribed, added pictures, etc. It's just getting used to where to find things, which I've noticed isn't hard once you have taken time to look around.

Don't let it get you down. And I'm sorry that after all the work involved in making this transition and the dedication of those involved, you have to listen to negativity around it.

One other thing that should be implemented is to stop all the posts that have nothing to do with the problem. So many of the posts looking for help are filled with the "I love the site" kind of stuff that its becoming a royal pita to find answers. Or implications of "I'm not having a problem, so why should you be?" Delete those that are not offering suggestions to the problem.

If my request goes thru, the threads will just be a person with a problem and a computer savvy volunteer that answers it. No one else.

If my request goes thru, the threads will just be a person with a problem and a computer savvy volunteer that answers it. No one else.

And now I cant LIKE your post from my ipad either!
he.gif

Last edited:

x2

The only thing I think the new forum is missing is the ability to unsubscribe right on the page next to the place where you can subscribe. I can wait for this change though Too busy exploring all the other bells and whistles.

deb

Back
Top Bottom