A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My poults have arrived! I'll upload the pictures here in a bit. I ordered 15, they sent 17. 1 died on the way and 1 looks like it has a broken leg. I put on my order that I was hoping for something penciled and they were nice enough to include a penciled palm and a blue penciled palm for me and marked them :) I'm really excited! The rest are from a mixed pen of buff, black, chocolate, and BR. 2 look to be chocolate, 1 I'm not sure what it is but it looks blueish and has a pink/peorple mark on its head. The only ones that were supposed to be marked are the blue penciled palm and the penciled palm (which are marked). So I'll probably keep those 5. The rest look like palms, buffs, red bronze, and 1 little black.

So I'm a bit worried. . .out of 8 of my turkey poults, one looks like a week younger than all the others. He eats and drinks but is half the size and less feathering. He is 2 weeks old, looks like 1 week old though maybe less. What can I do?

So I'm a bit worried. . .out of 8 of my turkey poults, one looks like a week younger than all the others. He eats and drinks but is half the size and less feathering. He is 2 weeks old, looks like 1 week old though maybe less. What can I do?

If it seems healthy and active, I'd just wait and see what happens. Maybe he'll hit a growth spurt later than the others. Maybe he'll just be smaller. If you're freaky concerned, you can add some hard boiled egg for a protein boost

If it seems healthy and active, I'd just wait and see what happens. Maybe he'll hit a growth spurt later than the others. Maybe he'll just be smaller. If you're freaky concerned, you can add some hard boiled egg for a protein boost
Adding hard boiled eggs is good but it is not a protein boost. Hard boiled eggs are approximately 10% to 12% protein. Mealworms on the other hand are a protein boost since they are 50% protein but should be viewed as a treat and treats should not comprise more than 10% of the total diet. Too much protein is worse than too little as it can cause kidney problems.

So need opinion from anyone who wants to give it. The chick I've been trying to nurse back to health hasn't improved. Hasn't gotten worse but hasn't gotten better either. Just sits or lays in box and will eat and drink if it's fed. Can't walk still. Legs move very wildly and toes are curled on one foot. I feel like I need to end its suffering. But another part of me says I should let nature take its course. It seems to liven up when feeding but goes right back to eyes closed and laying down. Still gasping continuously. What do you all think?
End it.

Back
Top Bottom