A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Please keep this thread mostly on topic. Continued derailing of this thread may result in the offenders being restricted from the thread, warnings up to and including a temp ban, or the thread being closed. Some off topic content is to be expected, but it is getting over the top in here.

Thank you

Last edited:
Okay,, You all heard her, a little patience on both sides would help keep the thread going...

If we go off topic slightly Please expect it.. If you know you are posting something that will get us off topic. Please post it elsewhere. Many of us have been here a long time now and are use to going off topic, if we try to not go as far off and those newbies to the thread realize a lot of us our old friends, We might be able to save this thread..

Patience and a little leeway on both sides would help. As the OP I have not tried to control the conversation to just turkeys and have let other things creep in.

Also this thread is more set up towards people raising turkeys as pets or in limited numbers than a huge turkey producer. It might be people wanting to look for more serious production turkeys should have their own thread.

We do a lot of talking about integrating turkeys with other fowl. (ducks, chickens, guineas and so forth)

Please understand Turkeys are not chickens they have other needs, especially when raised as pets. I eat my pets, not everyone does, remember also not all of us have the same goals with our birds.

And beyond all else please try to keep a sense of humor, we joke amongst friends here but we also cry and feel the pain of others when they lose their pets. I would not have been able to recover from the loss of JJ, Ethel and Sidekick in this last year without the help of each of you here... My flock is getting back to a new normal. I have a new leader, not the Tom I wanted to lead but at least order is restored..

Thanks all and please keep making being the OP as easy for me in the next 3 years that the past 3 were..

Thanks all of you, my friends here at BYC!

Back
Top Bottom