a hatch along for people who set their eggs on march thursday 27 2014

hiddenacres

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
New Milford, Pa
come and join the hatch along if you set your eggs on thursday march 27 2014. im sorry i couldnt get it togeather before i wanted to hatch but if you set then come and join.

ya that will work for me welcome. so sermas you a breeder? i just put on quail d'anvers and i am thinking about putting on a few runner duck eggs next week.

I put in some Easter Egger and Rhode Island Red mutt babies in Thursday. I have 18 of them in, and most of them are looking pretty good right now.

On Thursday, I put in 18 BLRW that I bought from someone local on Monday so I'll join your hatch-a-long. This is my first staggered hatch since I'm also participating in the Easter Hatch-a-long. I've only got one incubator so I may need ideas for keeping the new breed separate from the 'old' breed. Never had BLRW so not sure how much the chicks will look like any of my EasterEggers.

CG

well i candled my eggs today and 3 out of the 8 i had shipped to me look to be for sure alive and healthy and the other 5 look like they might be alive but i cant really tell yet. hopeing that they live.

I candled my BLRW eggs today too and moved them around the incubator. Since they are dark brown eggs, I might have seen something in some of those eggs. It's a little early for the 7th day candling so I wasn't expecting to see much, but I couldn't see air cells pre-incubation so I was trying to see if I could see any of the air cell yet. Still couldn't get a good look at the air cell.

CG

I haven't tried hatching with detatched air cells yet to know, or to research. I think, if I remember correctly, they can, if the egg is kept upright for hatching (maybe even barely moving it during the incubation process).

CG

I haven't tried hatching with detatched air cells yet to know, or to research.  I think, if I remember correctly, they can, if the egg is kept upright for hatching (maybe even barely moving it during the incubation process). 

CG
Ok well I put them in the egg carton at about a 45* angle and I am going to turn once a day at night. I hope I works

Back
Top Bottom