a little problem

Try attaching 2x4s to the legs and use them as skids.
You should also bevel the leading edge so it doesn't dig in to the ground.

Exactly. Screw some 2x4's to the legs might even suggest some diagonal bracing out of scraps. Get a three round fence posts. Put two of them under the 2x4's and roll it adding one post to the front and removing one from the back as you go. If you don't need the posts when you are done, save your receipt and take them back to the store.

Ok, so i built my coop quite close to my house was just handier for when i was working on it but now i need to move it. i did think about this before i started and i had a guy with a teleporter ready to do it for me but he has since left the country. so my next idea is to buy soem cheap car wheels and put the coop up on wheels, i just have no idea what to use for an axle, its notoverly important it turns it only has to go about 50 yards or so,

he is a pic of the coop,

i intend to dripp a hole in the font two legs and back to legs and use a jack to lift it up off the ground as i put the wheels on, i'm just not so sure of what type of iron/steel bar will take the weight, i gussimate its about 1.5 ton,
I doubt it weighs 3000 pounds....put some 2x6's on edge across the bottoms of the legs, then get 3 or 4 sticks of 4" pvc pipe and roll it.

Cheers all some great suggestions there, i'll have to get to work on it,

Thanks again

Ha ha nice now that would be nice and simple but beyond my means unfortunately
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom