A NEW Black peacock !

noir 13.jpg

I try to get more photos ... 'smart' photos ... that prove something!
A charcoal in the sun gives the color very dark brown!

charcoal 12.jpg

A friend bought a pied female split black and a white male split black ... they are two years old this year.
A peacock with the white pattern and with the genetic color black!
:eek:

If they aren't being advertised as "black" though, and especially since they are specifically being sold as charcoal, it's disingenuous to call them something new. You're also using poor-quality images of charcoals in yellow light. Here's a charcoal from rocking BAB ranch in similar lighting, notice the same dark barring as the ones you're posting from the ad:

1611666087354.png

My Bronze and Charcoal are/were all Black Shoulder and my Charcoal did not carry any white so they do not compare to Dany's pics very well but they do show the colors better. This post is for novices and not as an argument for the so-called 'New Color'. When looking at a Bronze you will see a greenish/gold sheen or iridescence on a very dark brown bird. When the light is just right you will also notice other sheens but mostly you will see a greenish/gold as weathered bronze will look like. When looking at Charcoal you will see a bluish-green sheen or iridescence. Look at an actual charcoal briquette bouncing the sun off of it. Charcoal actually looks like that. These pics are not tagged but a hint, every other bird...
IMG_7356.JPG

IMG_7322.JPG
IMG_7101.JPG
IMG_3940 (2).JPG
IMG_3948 (2).JPG
IMG_4194.JPG

Charcoal = mat
Bronze can be a bit shiny.

noir 14.jpg

picture of Othman Alzanki
New black is shiny.

Last edited:
All the photos posted so far have had their vibrance turned up and their levels adjusted. MINIMAL adjustment to one of the pics provided by @KsKingBee can do the same thing to his charcoal birds in pics. Add in leucistic genes and you can get pretty sharp colors.

1616164846786.png

Back
Top Bottom