Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
No.. Not a real chicken.. My snow hen!
gig.gif

She lays four eggs a day. I think I could be on to something with this one
cool.png

Love it! I made one of these, too. I used tail feathers that my hens had shed. It's in the deep freeze right now.... Ironic, huh?

Love it! I made one of these, too. I used tail feathers that my hens had shed. It's in the deep freeze right now.... Ironic, huh?
You didn't take a picture did you? I'd love to see it :D Give me some ideas. I used nails for my hens eyes LOL

My birds ruined it pretty quickly. At least I got a couple cute pictures though.

I'm sure your chickens were just pointing out the pecking order. They probably feel a little threatened by her laying four eggs a day! Love it!

You didn't take a picture did you? I'd love to see it :D Give me some ideas. I used nails for my hens eyes LOL

My birds ruined it pretty quickly. At least I got a couple cute pictures though.

I have pics, but they are on a phone, so bad quality. I will have to go out to the freezer and take some. Nails were a good idea for eyes, and I love the carrot beak! I couldn't find anything, so I ended up using grit for eyes.
lau.gif
My inspiration struck whilst out caring for the chickens in 20 degree weather, and I nearly froze my fingers making the snow chicken with bare hands.
gig.gif

Last edited:
That is an awesome snow hen!!
How long did it take for you to make it?
thumbsup.gif
Thanks! Took me 20 minutes. I stole the carrot from my bunnies
hide.gif

I'm sure your chickens were just pointing out the pecking order. They probably feel a little threatened by her laying four eggs a day! Love it!
gig.gif
Good point! That's just what they were doing I bet!
I have pics, but they are on a phone, so bad quality. I will have to go out to the freezer and take some. Nails were a good idea for eyes, and I love the carrot beak! I couldn't find anything, so I ended up using grit for eyes.
lau.gif
My inspiration struck whilst out caring for the chickens in 20 degree weather, and I nearly froze my fingers making the snow chicken with bare hands.
gig.gif
LOL Yeah, that was my original plan was grit for eyes, but it wouldn't stick. It was so warm out today when we made her, so my fingers didn't suffer too much :D

That's so cute! I will have to do that sometime. You've inspired me! :)
I've never seen a breed of chicken that lays multiple colors of eggs, the snow hen will have to be the first! :p

Back
Top Bottom