A terrible realization

Toothpick

Songster
7 Years
Aug 15, 2016
TN
I’m currently incubating 22 eggs. Roughly 5 days left before hatch. I was reading the recent FAQ on storing eggs that was posted yesterday and got to the part about storing eggs for incubation. When it dawned on me....I never tilted or rotated my eggs while storing them!!

Completely forgot about that required aspect and I had eggs for 3 days before putting in the incubator. This should be in interesting hatch.....

I’m currently incubating 22 eggs. Roughly 5 days left before hatch. I was reading the recent FAQ on storing eggs that was posted yesterday and got to the part about storing eggs for incubation. When it dawned on me....I never tilted or rotated my eggs while storing them!!

Completely forgot about that required aspect and I had eggs for 3 days before putting in the incubator. This should be in interesting hatch.....
They'll be fine. Trust me, I've been there.

I candled them on day 14 and only took out 1 that was not developed. I’ll candle them again today or tomorrow. I know you’re supposed to turn them to keep the yolk from sticking during incubation but not sure how that plays out when they are stored for incubation. Just read you’re also supposed to turn them during storage as well.

So I guess if they are developed then they are fine?

Back
Top Bottom