A wonderful dog found ME. (with pics!)

He sure is adorable! He stole my heart just by looking at the pics!!!
love.gif

For the leg hiking... I think they sell these things online,(cant remember the actual name dang it!) but they are like some kind of strap or girdle that works kinda like the diapers you put on female dogs in heat. They kinda keep them from lifting their leg so they CANT actually hike a leg up to pee. I think breeders use them alot to keep their male dogs from marking everything . Could do an internet search?

Congrats on that cutie pie! Hope you get to keep him, he looks like a perfect lapwarmer/footwarmer for the cold winter days ahead!!

I foster dogs for the SPCA, I honestly have more trouble with female dogs than males, and I like you always said no males inside. UNTIL we adopted our male Boxer, and then fostered our male chihuahua (eww little dogs, and little male dogs YUCK was my opinion) UNTIL we adopted Sully lol

Neither have EVER hiked a leg inside, EVER!! Wonderful dogs.

I see Cairn Terrier/Pug mix there!!!

Tell hubby he is your early Christmas present, that he fully vetted and neutered is all that you want!

(worked for me this week with our Boston) lol

I can see why you fell for him so quickly! I vote for you to keep him------but that's coming from someone with 4 dogs (2 large (GSD, Boxer), 1 medium (Beagle/Aussie mix), and 1 tiny (chihuahua)). They are all basically rescue dogs, and only the GSD is an outside dog. My hubby didn't plan on having 4 dogs either, but sometimes fate makes that decision for you-----but we are definately NOT going to have more than 4!! Good luck!

how could you not fall in love with him! That underbite stole my heart-I love that in a mutt doggie--ahhh I hope Dh falls in love with him and you get to keep him!

He's gorgeous.

You're on track with the pug mix - they're the new fad designer breed-mix so they are being bred to everything right now. Long hair + pug hair creates that kind of pseudo-wire coat in mixed-breed dogs, so he may look like a cairn or similar wire terrier but actually not have any of it in him. I'd suspect a yorkie, honestly; since they're one of the other huge puppy-mill breeds.

I hope you can keep him, and I second (third? fourth?) the idea that males in the house are wonderful. I can have any number of intact boys here and I never get anything but perfect behavior. It's all in what you expect from them and in correcting it as soon as they even think about marking. Nip it in the bud and they're lifelong good house dogs.

Joanna Kimball
blacksheepcardigans.com

He IS cute. And I think he looks like a pug/cairn mix too.

Yeah, if he showed up on our place I'd be hard pressed to get rid of him. And I am pretty hard hearted.

Ok....I have your answer. I just made one for my daughters dog! It is a pee pole. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it!

It is a 4" pvc pipe about two feet long. I got the bottom at Lowes and it is a drain thingy....like I said I will take pictures of parts and then take pictures of it put together. I saw one at the groomers when I went by to pay for my daughters dog being groomed. And he is a boy. Housebroken, but lives with her in independent living and there are times when she is not home that the neighbor or maint. men come by and he hears them and thinks she is home so he gets all excited and ends up peeing the floor. This hopefully will work.

You use piddle pads with it and put them on the drain thing and put the pvc pipe on top of that....makes a skirt around the pipe.

I will post it tomorrow.

He looks like this little pup I saw at the vets office a few months ago. He was a schnauzer x pug or "Shug" cross. This one was younger and black, but that is because the pug was black. He had the wirey hair, the puggy face, underbite, tail over his back, similar ears. That would be my guess. He looks similar to a brussels, but looks a little too big, doesn't have enough of a beard and they dont have tails either.

Back
Top Bottom