Adding to my Flock and found 4 Roos

jtotherow

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 12, 2008
Fort Mill SC
I need to add 4 Buff Orphin. and get rid of 3 Roos. My Buffs are 3 1/2 months and are in a cage next to them. I tried to put them together at 2 months and the one of the Roos that I need out, killed one of them before I could get them out. The Roos I plan to keep gathered them and protected the other 4 until I got them sealed off to get them out. These others are only 4 weeks older. I have a total of 35. I gave one Roo to my brother and he is doing well with his hens. Then we started counting. OMG! I had 4 more Roos. I still have 3 to get rid of. I bought a 5 Straight Run and got 5 Roos! I will never order from this certain website again. Can anyone give me any advise? Can I just let the other Roos go outside my coop and chicken yard? There are RI Reds, Red sexlinks, Black Sexlinks, 31 hens, 4 RI Red Roos.

I just turned excess roos into dinner, soup, or dog food. With noise, overmating, and/or fighting it is just not worth the hassle. I now have one boy and 12 hens, and all is much calmer.

Back
Top Bottom