Adult chicken prices

Ambam47

In the Brooder
May 9, 2024
How much would you expect to pay for an adult splash silkie hen? A breeder near me is selling splash 1yo hens for $75. And blue hens for $40. As a new chicken owner, I’ve never purchased an adult chicken before and I’m unsure what prices are like. Ed

Wouldn't it also depend on the definition of "adult"? If it's at Point of Lay (POL), just starting her laying career, I'd expect to pay more than for a spent hen, 3 or 4 years old.

I sold some white silkie pairs for $60 a few years ago. Within a few hours of the CL posting they were gone with more requests still coming in.

Price also gose off quality. If they are high quality silkies i could see the price that high, if the quality of the silkie is terrible i would not recomend buying them.

Price also gose off quality. If they are high quality silkies i could see the price that high, if the quality of the silkie is terrible i would not recomend buying them.
As a newbie I don’t have any idea how to tell quality of chickens lol. This is the photo she shared with me though

Attachments

• IMG_2185.png
    IMG_2185.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom