Announcement Advertising Updates - Premium Feather Membership - PFM

This probably isn't the right thread for this but sometimes I get an add in the middle of the "unread threads" list

Unless you are a Premium Feather Membership (PFM) , you'll see ads sprinkled throughout the site. With the changes in how people use the site has changed, we've needed to adjust the ways we show ads.

BTW, I just learned something VERY interesting!

Advertisers want their ads to be seen (duh), and so the "viewability ratio" is an important metric when advertisers are bidding on a site's ad-placements.

Well, here's the interesting bit: An ad is considered "viewable" when at least 50% of it is on-screen for at least 1 second.

So, if an ad is scrolled by very quickly and/or only 49% or less of the ad is shown on the screen before exiting, it isn't considered "viewed".

BTW, I just learned something VERY interesting!

Advertisers want their ads to be seen (duh), and so the "viewability ratio" is an important metric when advertisers are bidding on a site's ad-placements.

Well, here's the interesting bit: An ad is considered "viewable" when at least 50% of it is on-screen for at least 1 second.

So, if an ad is scrolled by very quickly and/or only 49% or less of the ad is shown on the screen before exiting, it isn't considered "viewed".
That's interesting!

Unless you are a Premium Feather Membership (PFM) , you'll see ads sprinkled throughout the site. With the changes in how people use the site has changed, we've needed to adjust the ways we show ads.

Oh yeah, I don't mind that, but surely in the middle of the list is a glitch or something? Maybe not, idk. But it's not every time. And sometimes it's in the middle of the list, like lists a few threads then a few more, sometimes it's just at the bottom of the list, and sometimes it's not there at all. And also there's never any ads in it. It's just an empty box.

And sometimes it's in the middle of the list, like lists a few threads then a few more, sometimes it's just at the bottom of the list, and sometimes it's not there at all. And also there's never any ads in it. It's just an empty box.
I'll take a closer look from a few different devices.

For clarification, what's the URL of the page you are looking at, and what type of device are you using?

I'll take a closer look from a few different devices.

For clarification, what's the URL of the page you are looking at, and what type of device are you using?

It happens on this page

https://www.backyardchickens.com/watched/threads

Usually either right above the "view all button" or sometiems right in the middle of the list but maybe it's just slow loading? Idk. But it's weird that sometimes it is not there. And I just clicked on the all watched threads page and there were ones there too but then it loaded after a few seconds so I'm thinking those were put in on purpose?? I never really go to all watched threads page as I usually just look at the unread page. I don't mind the ads but the weird thing, at least to me, is that sometimes the ad box isn't there? Which is what I was wondering abouy and if it was on purpose or something wrong cause it doesn't seem to show anything either. Also on the all watched threads page, are there supposed to be 3 ads? On mine right now it had a few at the top and none towards the bottom, it was like 5 thread titles, ad, 4 more titles, ad, 4 more titles, ad. I don't mind having the ads or in the middle of the list (thinking about it, I guess if you had them at top, bottom, or side, people would never see them, hence the redesign?), I just didn't know if that was normal to have that many.

But anyway, sorry I'm probably being confusing now, to go back to the original point, on the unread watched threads page I will sometimes get an ad box but no ads and again it changes where it's located.

OH!!!

And I've been getting an Amazon pop up lately, spinny wheel thingy and an audio clip that says "congratulations!". It usually happens when I go to click on a thread or go to the next page. Doesn't happen every and time though but has happened a lot this week and previously I hadn't had the pop up issue in a long time and when I did it was usually a different one every time. It's been a while since I've had a pop up but ya. So idk if it's something on my end or something to do with the new ads or what but figured while we're on the subject I would mention it.

And I am on the mobile website btw. I am on a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone using the Chrome browser. Latest versions of both. Unsure of the exact Chrome version but the phone is Android version 7.

Back
Top Bottom