Air Conditioning and Chicks

llombardo

Crowing
Mar 11, 2018
Illinois
if I shut the vents in the room they are in, it should be ok to turn air on? The dogs are panting, I got to keep them cool.

The smaller chicks are about 4 weeks old now. So I was going to shut vents, open windows and start getting them used to the outside temps, etc.

If it's that warm out, move them out to the coop....after 4 weeks they don't need to be in brooder.

It was a real surprise for me because I had some problems in that air conditioner. I immediately turned to A/C repair services because I heard a lot of positive reviews about the quality of their services, and this became a good recommendation for me when choosing an air conditioner master. They fixed everything pretty quickly and it helped me make the right decision. I have been looking for something similar for so long that I was very glad when I finally found it. I think that you will be interested in this recommendation and you will take this opportunity
...........what?

if I shut the vents in the room they are in, it should be ok to turn air on? The dogs are panting, I got to keep them cool.
What is your concern? Dust and dander in the return air vents? Something to do with the chicks and temperatures or breezes? What temperatures are they in? If your dogs are panting it's almost certainly a lot warmer than the chicks need at that age.

It's actually good to keep the chickens cool during hot days, but be careful if you're keeping the air conditioner outside. When the sun rays hit the AC directly, it can cause a lot of internal problems. That happened to me once a few years ago when I brought the air conditioner outside. Because of the extreme heat, it wasn't cold anymore, and the air started being warm. Thanks to the tips on this https://www.socool.sg/why-is-your-aircon-not-cold/ website, I fixed that issue, though, but it could've been a lot worse. Anyways, be careful, and you should consider an outdoor AC.

It's actually good to keep the chickens cool during hot days, but be careful if you're keeping the air conditioner outside. When the sun rays hit the AC directly, it can cause a lot of internal problems. That happened to me once a few years ago when I brought the air conditioner outside. Because of the extreme heat, it wasn't cold anymore, and the air started being warm. Thanks to the tips on this website, I fixed that issue, though, but it could've been a lot worse. Anyways, be careful, and you should consider an outdoor AC.
I broke down again and put up the girls' mini window air conditioner on their coop. (Some of you remember when I posted doing this some years ago.
laugh
) Well, the girls were looking overheated and following me around making sad faces, and I know we have a few really hot days coming, so I figured I would either have to let them in the house to poop all over the living room or dig up that mini air conditioner again.

[Linked Image]

After we started it up, the temp in the coop dropped ten degrees in about fifteen minutes. The girls kept running into the coop and checking the thermometer on the wall in there. They were smiling and happy to go in early for the evening. Last time we did this during a heat wave, their egg production increased drastically. They also liked to go relax in the nest boxes for a long time each day and listen to their chicken radio!

Back
Top Bottom