Air sack

Breathe :)
It's late for marking air cells since there's a pip. It's good to do so you can track how big they are to adjust the humidity during your hatches in the future.

Where is the egg pipped? How long has it been pipped? The air cell can be lower on one side than the other. I've had chicks hatch after pipping at the wrong end with a bit of help so it's probably ok. They need to rest between pip and zip, it's hard work!

It's late for marking air cells since there's a pip. It's good to do so you can track how big they are to adjust the humidity during your hatches in the future.

Where is the egg pipped? How long has it been pipped? The air cell can be lower on one side than the other. I've had chicks hatch after pipping at the wrong end with a bit of help so it's probably ok. They need to rest between pip and zip, it's hard work!
Hasn't piped through. Only cracked side of egg. Dont see a complete hole yet. It's been 6 and a half hours since I found the crack. And today is day 22

Hasn't piped through. Only cracked side of egg. Dont see a complete hole yet. It's been 6 and a half hours since I found the crack. And today is day 22
It can take 24 hours or more for a chick to hatch. It could show no change and then suddenly it's out and all is well. Your temperature can affect how long it takes too.

Do you want to help or wait?

It can take 24 hours or more for a chick to hatch. It could show no change and then suddenly it's out and all is well. Your temperature can affect how long it takes too.

Do you want to help or wait?
Temperature stays at 38.0 Celsius. I'd rather wait cause I have more eggs in there due anytime now also.

So if the air cell is too small... What do you do?

If the air cell is too big... What do you do?

Back
Top Bottom