Air sacs have not grown

CrazyChickies

Chirping
May 26, 2022
Help. Only 2 of my 6 eggs’ air sacs have increased from day 7 to day 14. Chicks are moving in all of them. These are shipped eggs and the 4 sacs that did not grow were pretty large or saddled to begin with. I have been keeping the humidity between 40 and 55. Should I decrease it these last 4 days till lockdown?

Not sure what you mean by larger. Do you mean that the air cells seem small? If so, it means that your humidity is too high and the evaporation that needs to take place inside the egg is not enough. Lower the humidity in that case. Remember, there will be cold and hot spots in every incubator so the eggs with the larger cells may be in an area where there is less humidity.

9A6E162A-D806-4213-8ED7-7F1F2C11D432.jpeg
I’m referring to this growth

Yes but you said air sacs not air cells so I was confused. If the air cell is too small decreasing the humidity will increase the air cell as more evaporation will take place inside the egg. I run humidity at 25-30% until lockdown then bump it up. Lower it now until lockdown then you’re stuck to raise it back up. Chicks can grow too big when aircells are small causing hatching problems and they can be sticky when they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom