allaboutdemchicks

Chapel Farms
11 Years
Sep 13, 2008
Jemison, AL
ALABAMA BANTAM CLUB
YOUNG BIRD SHOW, PICNIC AND WORK DAY

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2010
MEMBERS ONLY (YOU CAN JOIN THE CLUB THE DAY OF THIS EVENT)
Years ago, before the club was moved to Clanton, we hosted a young bird show each September to kick off the exhibition season. This year, we will re-establish that tradition.

On Saturday, September 11, we will have a members only show, picnic and work day at the Clanton Fairgrounds.

YOUNG BIRD SHOW – The show will be for birds hatched in 2010 only. It will be judged by Tommy Lee of Georgia. Bring your birds on Saturday morning, no need to pre-enter them. We will start taking entries at 7 AM through 9 AM, then set up the cages and line up the birds. Members showing will be expected to help set-up and tear down the show when it is finished. You can contact me for more information. You will be required to notify me that you will attend by Wednesday, September 8, so that we can make plans. Entry fee is $1.50 per bird, payable on Saturday morning before the show. Remember, only 2010 hatched bird can be shown. Because of the heat, the show will be in the open building. Trophies will be given for Champion through fifth best in the show. A junior show with trophies for champion and reserve will be held. We have requested meets for the ABA, OEGBCA and Silkie Clubs. (Contact me if you have a Club request....I'll do my best to make it happen)

PICNIC- The club will furnish hamburgers and hotdogs for the Picnic. Each person attending will be asked to bring some food, drink or supply item for the picnic. You can give this information to me and I will coordinate the items to make sure we don’t have all one item and none of the others. You will also need to tell me if you want hotdogs or hamburgers to eat so that we will know what to buy. Brent will bring his grills and we will do the cooking while Tommy judges the show. Volunteers to help with the cooking, set up and clean-up will be appreciated. Just tell me when you private message/call/email.

WORK DAY – We will run a new row of lights in the enclosed building while judging takes place. Brent will coordinate this work. Also, we will re-build some of our cage flats while this is going on. Final plans for the October will be discussed.

MEMBERSHIP- For those of you who have not paid your 2010 dues, they can be paid the day of the show, when you make your entry. Dues will be $10 per year for family memberships.

REMEMBER, YOU MUST NOTIFY ME IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND. Claudia Gore, 3286 County Road 48 Jemison, AL 35085 Telephone (205) 646-0604 [email protected] or, PM me here.

We will have a "For Sale" area....busy little corner!!

We would love for you to just drop in and see what all the excitement is all about, talk chicken, meet some really great chicken enthusist, and maybe even add a few birds to your flock.

Claudia
frow.gif

Last edited:
Hey girl! I'm going to start my first washing of the Silkies today! As I understand it, there will be some stiff compitition in the featherleg class! ((
wink.png
a wink at Tony ))

Think of something to bring and I'll look on my list to see if anyone has volunteered it. Let me know.....

You can join when you get there. I'm working on a Directory for the Club, I hope to get everyone's current contact info. so we can have it ready for the Oct. Show to pass out to the Members.

I'm getting excited....wait, no, I'm always excited about our Shows!!!!

Claudia

T.E.R. :

:lol:Shoot my little old birds are not even old enough to compete with your hatchery stock LOL. see ya'll saturday. Let's kick some cochin butt Claudia

Tony, you just got to stop this discrimination against my hatchery Silkies..... Ideal stock rocks my friend. Look beyond the red straight combs, the red wattles, and bare four toes.... instead, stare into the bay colored eyes and you will see the Silkie love. Feel it and STOP DISCRIMINATION!!

Washing today.....

Claudia​

Back
Top Bottom