ALABAMA!!

Welcome to the sight Fred. I am a new member but have been setting back reading the forum for a while. I make trips up to Huntsville every now and then. I might have to look you up and buy some of them fertile eggs.

Last edited:
Hi to all, and congrats to you retiring folks. I'm in Marion Co. west of Hamilton. I got some eggs from a friend to start a hatching. They will hatch on Sunday, April 6 th. I can't wait. I put 55 eggs in and hope that at least 50 of them will hatch. I gave a 1.00 a dz. and put some of my own in. I have a Speckled Hamburg that is wanting to set. I am saving some eggs for her. Problem ! She set last yr. with no luck, thought it was the rooster I had so I got another, so she left the nest with no chicks. Will that hurt her this yr.? Plus I have 2 larger hens that are mean to her and they all like to lay in the same nest so I hope adding a nest that the bigger hens can't jump up to will put a stop to this if I can get speck to set in it. Speck is her name. Any thoughts on this anyone? Thanks for your help. Your chicken friend: Moon
jumpy.gif

I don't know where New Site is but i'm sure my hubby dose. I was raised in Olive Branch Ms. but I moved up here in Hamilton when I was 19 and married later and just loved it here. I bought my first hens in Ryne Ms. not far from Amory Ms. They have a flea market every 3 rd weekend and there was a man down there that I liked to buy from. They also have a huge flea market in Ripley Ms. every 1 st. Monday weekend and you can find just all sorts of critters there. Of course you have to be careful about buying out like that. I would like to know more about that auction, I love to go to them. Have to go to work now, get back to you soon. Have a nice day all: Moon
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom