ALABAMA!!

Hello from Chatom Alabama. Im really new to the forum and not so new to having chickens. I currently have 13 silverlaced wyandottes 11 hens, 2 roosters. I have recently started my very first incubation project. I set 13 in a home made incubator and so far I'm 13 days in and have only lost 2. the rest seem to be doing fine. As I was reading some of the other post my coop is pretty much an open air coop with a tin top and the birds did not have any trouble with what little cold weather we had here. They are also really good layers. Out of 11 birds we are getting a minimum of 8 eggs a day. We were even getting some during the winter.

Hey cukooformarans, thanks for letting me know that you will have some lavenders in the next couple of months. Will they be chicks or older? I haven't found any around here so I am excited to hear you will be having some.

We are newbies also, since January 14,got our 1st Rooster from a friend, then after that the Hens followed, for those who are new we have a Mobile Bay Area Chicken Club, we meet the last Sunday of each month, about 2pm, so for those that live around or in Mobile county, plz check us out, I do think you would enjoy coming and joining us,

Mobile Bay Area BackYard Chicken club,meeting is Sunday, April 29,please check it out, we are having a vet speak to us about our Chickens, if in the area plz join us.

Back
Top Bottom