All I want for Christmas....

Pele

Songster
8 Years
Feb 25, 2011
Boise
.... is hatched babies!!! Heehee. I'm going to be setting by the end of this week as soon as my shipment of Marans arrives in the mail. That should be placing the hatch within a week of Christmas!

Anyone else planning on getting chicks from Santa? Join in!

.... is hatched babies!!! Heehee. I'm going to be setting by the end of this week as soon as my shipment of Marans arrives in the mail. That should be placing the hatch within a week of Christmas!

Anyone else planning on getting chicks from Santa? Join in!
I can do it with u!! I just got my maran eggs at the PO about an hour ago. Anytime now I should set!! :D

Welcome! Should be fun :). What kind of Marans did you get? Are the eggs a nice color? I'm really nervous about egg-color on mine.

I ordered 6 Cuckoo Marans eggs, and 4 Splash (so could be black, blue, or splash).

Ack! The post office listed my eggs as out for delivery today! It's killing me not to rush home for them! You'd think this would get easier after several times.

Welcome! Should be fun :). What kind of Marans did you get? Are the eggs a nice color? I'm really nervous about egg-color on mine.

I ordered 6 Cuckoo Marans eggs, and 4 Splash (so could be black, blue, or splash).
I got black copper marans. the eggs are so brown its crazy!
I love cuckoo marans. they are so cute!! i have one and she is just a doll <3
I am setting my eggs tonight!

The 6 cuckoo eggs came in the mail last night, so I rested them and set them. They aren't as brown as I'd like to see in a Marans egg, but it's possible that the seller's hens are late in their laying cycle and the eggs are lighter because of that.

The other seller should have their eggs arrive today!

I'm planning for Christmas chicks. My mother asked me what I want for christmas and of course I told chicks, but I need the eggs now so that I can have chicks for christmas. My favorite breed would definately be cochins, and I'm finally getting some of my favorite variety of cochins, silver laced bantams. They are hard to find and I plan on breeding them, improving generation to generation. I can't wait! I have never taken breeding seriously before. I will be behind you guys as I'm just placing my order today, so if everything works out I'll probably be getting the eggs in a week and a half, so then they would hatch around the 22nd.

Back
Top Bottom