All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

What is it about those first chickens? They forever rule our hearts.
I think you’re so right about that Bob!! I have a special place in my heart for my first gals... Ruby, Rosemary, Maryn, Kelly, Sunny, and Claire... especially Kelly, Claire, and Maryn! 💕

Actually a lot of stuff wouldn’t of happened if we wouldn’t of gotten our first chickens. We wouldn’t of moved to the country, we wouldn’t have 40 more chickens, we wouldn’t have geese, and a lot of other stuff. I will always remember them, especially my baby AmeliaEggHeart (the one with the big floppy comb), she will always have a spot in my heart. :love
Chickens are just awesome!

Oh, they are so beautiful! I think I need me one of those gems! 💕
We were told that they were blue Plymouth Rocks, but they had slate/blue legs, so they weren’t Plymouth Rocks. Got them from TSC though, so I’m not really surprised that they were mislabeled. I want to get more in the future. I also LOVED my golden comets, but they don’t live very long, so this year I got 2 New Hampshire’s to compare them.

Today I was in TSC and of course checking out the chicks... they had a tub of black sex links and a tub of Barred rocks and gold sex links together... well, one of the Barred rock chicks was just attacking the GSL chicks in the face!! And I mean it was relentless!! One of the little gold chicks looked like it’s neck was braking just to try to get away from the evil little thing! And when it would move to another chick the other one it was pecking did not look well! So I complained until they moved it out... I felt so sad for those babies cuz I know when I left they just put it back in... I tell you, my heart can’t stand seeing those babies get picked on😥
If I had acres of property and more coops I probably would have left with all the GSL 🙄

Today I was in TSC and of course checking out the chicks... they had a tub of black sex links and a tub of Barred rocks and gold sex links together... well, one of the Barred rock chicks was just attacking the GSL chicks in the face!! And I mean it was relentless!! One of the little gold chicks looked like it’s neck was braking just to try to get away from the evil little thing! And when it would move to another chick the other one it was pecking did not look well! So I complained until they moved it out... I felt so sad for those babies cuz I know when I left they just put it back in... I tell you, my heart can’t stand seeing those babies get picked on😥
If I had acres of property and more coops I probably would have left with all the GSL 🙄
This is why I have stopped looking. I want to save them all. 😫

We were told that they were blue Plymouth Rocks, but they had slate/blue legs, so they weren’t Plymouth Rocks. Got them from TSC though, so I’m not really surprised that they were mislabeled. I want to get more in the future. I also LOVED my golden comets, but they don’t live very long, so this year I got 2 New Hampshire’s to compare them.
I don’t know if you saw my latest babies but I did get two gold sex links... one of which was the only one left at TSC with four GL Wyandottes... well the GSL had pasty butt and TSC won’t let you buy just one chick... so of course I had to take them all just to save to GSL... and I’m rehoming the Wyandottes so I had to go get another GSL for company 🤦‍♀️
67B07B64-A0BC-431B-A8E4-7698AD91D0BC.jpeg
335FFD8A-CA08-4568-8649-25543E06F67D.jpeg
74186BCA-68AA-482E-9636-AE6D02C324B1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom