All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Oh no. Not Claudine.
The whole thing is just devastating.
:hit
It truly is and I would not wish this on anyone…. The first thing everyone kept asking me was if I killed the dog… gorgeous husky. But I could not.. besides by the time I got there he was done and too exhausted to do anymore damage. Now if I had a gun and he was in the act of doing it I would have easily killed him.. but to look at his stupid face and know that he was just being a stupid dog I couldn’t. My husband came to kill him but instead we sent him the the pound. Now if he gets put down there, oh well. The owners have two and they both keep getting loose and they got a complaint on Friday and the pound came out and they told the pound to take the dogs because it’s their nephews dogs and they cannot keep them contained but the pound will not take owner surrenders so here we are! They were apologetic and said they would replace my flock🙄 no thanks! We think the dog scaled my six wooden fence cuz there is no other evidence of where he could have gotten in.
I have heard the horrific stories and never thought it would happen to me😭 I have done everything in my power to keep them safe a happy and then something like this happens😭😭😭😭
I just keep imagining them running for their lives scared to death and I wasn’t there to help them. I swear I can’t handle this. I am so heartbroken.

It truly is and I would not wish this on anyone…. The first thing everyone kept asking me was if I killed the dog… gorgeous husky. But I could not.. besides by the time I got there he was done and too exhausted to do anymore damage. Now if I had a gun and he was in the act of doing it I would have easily killed him.. but to look at his stupid face and know that he was just being a stupid dog I couldn’t. My husband came to kill him but instead we sent him the the pound. Now if he gets put down there, oh well. The owners have two and they both keep getting loose and they got a complaint on Friday and the pound came out and they told the pound to take the dogs because it’s their nephews dogs and they cannot keep them contained but the pound will not take owner surrenders so here we are! They were apologetic and said they would replace my flock🙄 no thanks! We think the dog scaled my six wooden fence cuz there is no other evidence of where he could have gotten in.
I have heard the horrific stories and never thought it would happen to me😭 I have done everything in my power to keep them safe a happy and then something like this happens😭😭😭😭
I just keep imagining them running for their lives scared to death and I wasn’t there to help them. I swear I can’t handle this. I am so heartbroken.
:hugs :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

You know you did everything you could. Spend time caring for those that remain - they will all be very rattled and it will take a while for them to settle down.

I just wanted to let yall know that a dog got in my chicken yard and killed 12 of my chickens.. 5 are injured and 7 seem okay besides shock. I am devastated and heartbroken.. I can’t even handle this😞 Cindy looks like she is about to die and Cake will have to be culled😭😭😭
The image of them laying everywhere will haunt me.
I feel like I failed them. This is horrific.. I can’t breathe
OMG! How horrible! Oh Sista Whodat, how terrible. I wish I could hug you in person. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

My heart aches for you. And just after your 5 year anniversary too. 😥

Three of my oldest girls, Kelly, Maryn, and Rosemary are injured and I have them inside in dog crates. Tony and all but one of his sisters made it (new batch from this year) three of them are small and can fly very well and they had flown out as well as Tony! His sister Abby who is also a silver laced was the only chicken on the ground that did not have any injury. And my two leghorns Daisy and Minnie are unhurt as well… Daisy hid up on a roost and Minnie happened to be in one of the more hidden next boxes!
I still cannot believe that my three old gals are still here! My other oldest gal, my sweet Claire did not make it though 😢 and Claudine was the first one I saw dead😞
Oh Whodat. 😥 :hugs:hugs:hugs

I am truly devastated for you. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Try to focus on the living right now. Do what you can to help them heal and keep them safe.

I just wanted to let yall know that a dog got in my chicken yard and killed 12 of my chickens.. 5 are injured and 7 seem okay besides shock. I am devastated and heartbroken.. I can’t even handle this😞 Cindy looks like she is about to die and Cake will have to be culled😭😭😭
The image of them laying everywhere will haunt me.
I feel like I failed them. This is horrific.. I can’t breathe
Oh no I am so saddened to hear this - how tragic. Did you catch the dog? Do you know who owns it?

My gosh how tragic for you - please accept my hopes the remaining chooks are ok, and sending a huge bear hug your way
😢😢😢

:hugs :hugs:hugs:hugs

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh 😢😢😢😢

How sad for you, how devastating; I would make the owners at least pay for the hens lost, a good laying hen here is about $25, that’s a fair chunk of change for a person to pay and may make them think twice about control of their animals.

Try not to dwell on the past, that path is behind you, take a path forward, your remaining chooks will need your support ❤️❤️❤️

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh 😢😢😢😢

How sad for you, how devastating; I would make the owners at least pay for the hens lost, a good laying hen here is about $25, that’s a fair chunk of change for a person to pay and may make them think twice about control of their animals.

Try not to dwell on the past, that path is behind you, take a path forward, your remaining chooks will need your support ❤️❤️❤️
No amount of money can ever replace a dear pet and friend. 😥

Back
Top Bottom