All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

So I put the two Queens back out today and they went straight away giving everyone a proper ass whoopin 😄 they were letting everyone know in no uncertain terms that no matter how long they are gone they will forever remain the boss ladies!! It was quite the sight! Feathers were flying 🤦🏼‍♀️ And once all was put in place it was definitely time for a dust bath! ❤️❤️❤️
IMG_0160.jpeg

So I put the two Queens back out today and they went straight away giving everyone a proper ass whoopin 😄 they were letting everyone know in no uncertain terms that no matter how long they are gone they will forever remain the boss ladies!! It was quite the sight! Feathers were flying 🤦🏼‍♀️ And once all was put in place it was definitely time for a dust bath! ❤️❤️❤️View attachment 3656519
I'm so happy for them!!

WhoDatChick

I'm glad to hear things are slowly coming back to normal,,, For the chickens anyways.
I know the hurt inside of you is there for a longer time. :hugs We are here with you.❤️❤️❤️

In somewhat recent times, I lost 2 chickens, and 2 dogs. All was end of life due to age. Still painful today. So I do know the feeling.

On a positive note,, I rescued 2 chickens this last weekend.
They now have a FOREVER HOME.:love
IMG_20231008_140008899.jpg

This is pix in carrier on way home. I have them separated currently from my flock. I need to clip their wings so they do not escape flying over my 6 foot fence, into neighbors yards. No desire to be chasing them. (with a net).
They are quite flighty. After they are homeset, I no longer clip wing feathers. Just initial time, so they do not escape,,,,,,,, looking for their old home.

WhoDatChick

I'm glad to hear things are slowly coming back to normal,,, For the chickens anyways.
I know the hurt inside of you is there for a longer time. :hugs We are here with you.❤️❤️❤️

In somewhat recent times, I lost 2 chickens, and 2 dogs. All was end of life due to age. Still painful today. So I do know the feeling.

View attachment 3656554
This is pix in carrier on way home. I have them separated currently from my flock. I need to clip their wings so they do not escape flying over my 6 foot fence, into neighbors yards. No desire to be chasing them. (with a net).
They are quite flighty. After they are homeset, I no longer clip wing feathers. Just initial time, so they do not escape,,,,,,,, looking for their old home.
They're very pretty!

WhoDatChick

View attachment 3656554
Very pretty!
Does the one at the back have an eye issue? Or is it just the photo angle.

Very pretty!
Does the one at the back have an eye issue? Or is it just the photo angle.
No eye issues at all. Just best photo I could snap showing both hens. They are bantams,, and not sure of breed. My best estimate,,,, a mix of Seabright , and Black Australorp bantams.

WhoDatChick

View attachment 3656554
Thank you… and sorry for your losses as well❤️
And this is so sweet! They are adorable! I would love to find some rescues! I always have my eye out in case I happen to see some out and about. 😄🤷🏼‍♀️
I am happy for them and you❤️

I would love to find some rescues! I always have my eye out in case I happen to see some out and about.
I found them here on a BYC post. They were about 200 miles distance from my home. It just happened that I go to Peoria every year for a Family style reunion. That was last weekend. It may have been just pure coincidence,,,, but I feel that there was some higher intervention present. Just my feeling. It ends as a WIN WIN for both me and the previous owner. I had room for 2 replacements.
Here is a link to that post.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/two-free-bantam-hens-in-central-illinois.1600300/

I found them here on a BYC post. They were about 200 miles distance from my home. It just happened that I go to Peoria every year for a Family style reunion. That was last weekend. It may have been just pure coincidence,,,, but I feel that there was some higher intervention present. Just my feeling. It ends as a WIN WIN for both me and the previous owner. I had room for 2 replacements.
Here is a link to that post.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/two-free-bantam-hens-in-central-illinois.1600300/
Aww, that is wonderful that you were able to help her and her girls out! ❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom